TWENTY-ONE | lies and liars

◇◇◇∥◇◇◇

◇◇◇∥◇◇◇

Jeon Jungkook had been called many things - a player, a jerk, a heartbreaker, a troublemaker.

But a cheater? Despicable? Those were a first.

Even stranger, Jungkook didn't disagree with the choice of wording at all. In fact, he accepted it wholeheartedly. Because, after all, that was his character.

Feeling regret, guilt for what he did was a constant, weekly cycle yet those sentiments hadn't ever been this strong before, not with anyone. He just wasn't the type of guy to care.

But Kim Taehyung was a different story.

There was just something about the brunette that was just so damn mesmerising that Jungkook had always found it hard to look away. Always.

Those eyes? Those dark eyes could hold oceans of depth and emotion, galaxies of stars. Sometimes Jungkook just wanted to let himself get lost in them, lose his way so each time, it would be Kim Taehyung who found him again.

Don't even get him started on that sinful mouth. Always so goddamn kissable, that hasn't changed for the past four years. God, the first time he had tasted those lips, he couldn't stop thinking about it, the desire to kiss him again and again and again only strengthening with each day.

Yet every time those same lips pulled up into the sweetest, most beautiful rectangular smile, Jungkook had wanted nothing more than to genuinely keep the boy close to him, accept every damn request of his and forget all about that stupid bet.

Especially with that fiery yet strangely submissive personality, Jungkook could barely resist the older boy as it was. There was just something about Kim Taehyung that he couldn't get enough of.

Jungkook stared up at the bedroom ceiling, lying on his back on the bed, throwing a ball into the air and catching it again as he thought about the events of the day.

Well, first things first, he had made Taehyung cry. For that, he couldn't ever forgive himself. And he almost didn't want Taehyung to forgive him for it either.

Taehyung had also clearly stated that he regretted every moment he had spent with Jungkook, even going as far as to say that he hated him. That, in fact, hurt his heart.

Because to him, the time he spent with Kim Taehyung was infinitely valuable, a period to be cherished, without any regrets. Because, during that short time, Jungkook had truly been sincere, truly meant every word he had said.

Alright, he'd admit it. In the beginning, the day the bet had started, he hadn't noticed anything about Taehyung other than that he was the guy Jungkook had admired almost two to three years back and that he had grown to become even more beautiful than before.