TWENTY-FIVE | black and blue

◇◇◇∥◇◇◇

◇◇◇∥◇◇◇

"I was born on the 1st of September, to Kang Sori and Jeon Kangdae. My parents. When I was born, they weren't married. In fact, until she told him that he was going to be a father, my mother had no idea that the guy who got her pregnant was already married, that he was already a father and that she had just been his side-chick."

"Kangdae's wife passed away a few months before I was born. She had cancer or something? I never really got the details. But she died and she left Kangdae with a three-year old son. My half-brother, Junghyun."

"I guess I wasn't part of his plan because the moment I was born, Kangdae wanted nothing to do with me or my mother. But I figured karma caught up with him 'cause he lost everything after that decision. His dead wife's parents were supposed to transfer the properties to him and Junghyun but they found out about my mom. They didn't trust him and instead sold it."

"I'm pretty sure they planned to take away Junghyun too but that's one thing that Kangdae refused to give up. He said that if he was going to suffer, his son was going to suffer with him. So, he kept him. Junghyun's grandparents left them both. No idea where they are now. Doubt anyone does. Then, Kangdae came for my mother."

"She was born with a silver spoon, you could say. But she was the type to never take it for granted. That's why, even now, she never says anything about it. Kangdae needed the money. He knew that Mom had it, that she was loaded. He wanted to marry her for that."

"She didn't want to. Self-respect was a concept she understood and she was perfectly fine with raising me by herself. But her parents feared for their reputation now that I existed, especially since they were supposed to hand their company over to my mom. They didn't trust my dad either but I guess they thought it was the best solution 'cause when I was four months old, Kangdae and my mom got married."

"In the beginning of their marriage, you could say things were quiet. My dad pretty much ignored my mom and me and spent a lot of time in casinos, gambling away money and losing more than he won. Mom knew but she didn't have the heart to say anything. Most of her time was taken up with taking care of me and handling the business. Then, as expected, my grandparents found out."

"They froze his bank accounts. A suitable punishment because my mom refused to give him any physical cash and he couldn't draw any money either. Eventually, he stopped hoping and his gambling addiction went away. For a short while, at least."

"On my fifth birthday, my mom transferred the company onto my name. My grand-dad approved of that because he knew that my dad had an eye on the money for a while now. When I turn 21, I'll be eligible to become the CEO. Kangdae didn't like it. He didn't even see me as his son for the most part."