cake

I sneak into Spencer's apartment, using the key that he gave me after being together for a few months. He'd told me that I'm welcome to come over whenever I want to.

He won't be home for about thirty minutes which gives me just enough time.

I take the lid off of the cake and put the two candles in. A two and a four.

Spencer and I have been dating for nearly six months. Our first date was pretty awkward in the beginning. We were at some fancy restaurant...

"Hi, I'm meeting a Dr. Spencer Reid?" I ask the host.

"Right this way," She smiles and starts walking.

I struggle to keep up with her in my heels, but somehow manage. Then I'm brought to a table where a man sits. He's got long-ish brown hair and gorgeous brown eyes. He stands up when he sees me. He's got a sweater on over a button down shirt, and a brown jacket over top of that. Blank pants, converse shoes, and a purple scarf tie the outfit together. He's cute. Penelope said he was, and she sure wasn't lying.

"Hi," I give him a smile, opting for a wave instead of a handshake. "Penelope said that you're not big on handshakes, so... we don't have to."

He gives a small smile and a nod. "The number of pathogens passed during a handshake is staggering. Several studies have shown that it's actually safer to kiss than to shake hands,"

"Well, how about it then?" I ask before leaning toward him and planting a quick kiss on his cheek.

He blushes and his hand moves to the spot I just kissed. He seems to snap out of a daze, his eyes falling on my chair. "Oh, erm... I'm sorry." He walks around me to pull the chair out.

"Oh, thanks." I give him a grateful smile and slide into the chair. "You didn't have to do that, I wasn't expecting you to."

He heads back to his side and takes his seat, shaking his head. A tiny smile takes over his lips. "I...Uh, you're very beautiful. Penelope's description didn't really do you justice,"

It's my turn to blush now. "Thanks, Spencer. You're gorgeous. Are you opposed to being called 'gorgeous'?" I ask right away after calling him that.

"No, I'm not opposed to it," He chuckles.

"Some guys get weird about it," I laugh. "Like if I call them gorgeous, their manhood disappears or something. It's stupid."

"Fragile masculinity," Spencer shrugs.

I nod in response and look down at my menu for the first time.

Everything is really expensive and has ingredients that I've never even heard of. Nothing really sounds good.

"What are you getting?" I ask Spencer. I'll just have whatever he's having.

"None of it sounds very appealing, to be honest. You?"

I laugh and nod my head. "I was thinking the same thing, that's why I asked what you were getting."

He gives an awkward smile. "Do you wanna go somewhere else?"

I return the smile. "Know any good places?"

"There's an Indian food place with great chicken tandoori," He tells me.

"Well, what are we still doing here?"