halloween - mgg

"Baby, come here." Matthew calls from the bathroom.

I hop off of the couch and head over, peeking my head in the door frame to see him standing at the mirror. He's got his face painted white and gray, with pinks and purples under his eyes. Gray paint carves out his cheekbones and blue veins are drawn on his forehead and neck.

 Gray paint carves out his cheekbones and blue veins are drawn on his forehead and neck

A smile takes over my lips as I look at his reflection. "You look pretty spooky, Matthew." I chuckle, coming up behind him and resting my head on his shoulder.

I let my arms snake around his waist, hugging him lazily as I smile at him in the mirror.

He smiles back, placing his hands over mine. "Want me to do you?"

"Yeah!" I jump on the opportunity. "Turn me into art. I want to be a Gubler painting," I pull away from him.

"You're already art," He tells me, grabbing his set of Halloween makeup and patting the space on the counter. "Sit up here,"

I boost myself onto the counter and smile at him as he picks up a hairtie, handing it to me.

"You might wanna put your hair up. Just in case things get messy,"

I nod and tie up my hair quickly as he fumbles with a sponge and the white paint.

I can't stop giggling when he starts applying the makeup. He makes silly faces at me and scat-sings a funky tune, making it up as he goes along.

I watch as he dips into the gray, then the blue, pink...and purple.

Soon enough, we've got matching face paint. He snaps a picture and posts it to his Instagram with the caption: 'positively terrifying(ly lovely)'.

"You're so cheesy," I chuckle as I watch him hit 'share'.

"Mhm, but that's why you love me." He shoots me a smile, pocketing his cellphone. He rests his hands on my thighs, and I wrap my legs around him and pull him in for a kiss.

Instead of keeping my hands on his face, I settle for wrapping my arms around his neck. I don't want to mess up his makeup.

When we pull apart, I smile at him. "You're right about that. Now, you better take a picture of your makeup before it gets even more messed up."

He takes another look in the mirror, noting that the paint on his lips has gone away. When he pulls out his phone to take a picture, I raise an eyebrow at him.

"What? You're not gonna fix it before you post a picture?"

Matthew shakes his head. "No! I want everyone to know I've been smooching the most beautiful ghoul in the world."

He walks out of the bathroom, probably to find better lighting, and I follow him. "So you've been smooching yourself?"

He stops in his tracks, turning to face me. The boy shakes his head. "No, you!"