confidence booster

I pick my phone up off of the side table, seeing Luke's name appear on the screen.

"Luke?" I ask. "What's going on?"

"Hey, uh, Y/N. Spencer just left and he's had a bit to drink-"

"A bit?" I hop out of my chair, already headed to put my shoes on.

"Maybe more than a bit-" He says before I hear some commotion and a new voice flows through my ear.

"Excuse him, he doesn't know how to get to the point." Penelope sighs. "Spencer's been going on about you all night and he took a cab to your place, so he should be there any minute now."

"Lovely, so I'm stuck with him all night?"

"I'm sorry-"

I let out a small sigh. "No problem, I gotta go."

I hang up the phone, putting my shoes on and heading down to the parking lot. I'm just in time to see a cab pull up and Spencer get out, yelling 'Thank you!' to the driver after closing the door.

He gasps when he sees me. "Y/N!" The boy says happily. Almost as if he hasn't seen me in years. He rushes toward me, almost falling twice, and wraps me in a hug.

Whew! He reeks of alcohol.

"I knew you'd be home. I knew it because you don't like bars, and neither do I but Luke told me I should come-"

"Yeah?" I ask, pulling away from him and guiding him toward the building.

"Mhm, he said that I needed to 'loosen up'." He makes air quotes with his fingers. "So, I had...a few drinks."

"A few, huh?"

"Maybe more than a few."

"Ah,"

We head up to my apartment, Spencer rambling on about the different drinks he had. He told me that one of them had sparkles in it.

"It was pretty. Like you," He says as I open the door and let him step inside.

"Thanks, I guess?" I chuckle. "Let me get you some blankets and pillows and you can sleep on the couch-"

"I'm not tired-"

"You will be once you lay down."

Spencer shakes his head, grabbing the TV remote and going straight for the on-demand features. "Then I won't lay down," He takes a seat in the middle of the couch, scrolling through the different options on the TV.

"Sure, well...just let me grab them just in case." I roll my eyes, heading toward my room to grab a blanket and two pillows for him. As I reach in the closet, I hear some weird...sensual talking. A female voice. The fuck is he watching?

I head back out with the stack and set it next to him, looking around at the TV to see a couple sitting at a table talking. That's when I see a familiar porn logo in the bottom corner of the screen.

"Spencer," I close my eyes and let out a deep breath. "Please tell me you didn't order porn on my cable-"

"My hand slipped," He giggles, eyes fixed on the screen.

"Oh, my god. Give me the remote."

"What? No!" He clutches it.

When I grab for it, he jerks away.

"Spencer, give me the damn-"

Some very over-dramatic moans cut me off and Spencer's eyes lock to the TV once again.

God, it's so loud. My neighbors can probably hear it.

"Give me the remote!" I almost shout, wanting to turn this porno from hell off.