the kids aren't alright - part 2

It's been three days since I've slept and poor Spencer is puking his guts out. He's been sleeping in my bed while I sleep in the chair in the corner of my room. His idea was for us to just sleep together, but with his hot and cold flashes, that didn't work out...

I can hear every time he stirs or vomits into the bucket beside the bed. He's weak, but I make sure that he's getting enough to drink and eat, even if he just ends up barfing it up later on.

I watch as he tosses and turns in the bed, pulling the blankets tighter to him. He's cold.

I get up and make my way over to my closet, pulling out another comforter and walking over to the side of the bed.

"Spence? I've got another blanket for you. If you get too warm, just toss it on the floor, alright?" I tell him.

I can just barely see him in the light from the lamp posts outside of my bedroom window.

"Thanks, but would you mind maybe..." He lets a small sigh out. "Would you..."

"Snuggle with you?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"I'm just...I'm freezing," The boy tells me.

"Okay, yeah..." I set the comforter down on the chair before crawling under the covers with him. We lay facing each other and he wraps his arms around me, pulling me tight against him. I do the same, but with my left leg as well, trying to help him warm up.

"Thank you," He says, followed by a small sigh.

"Mhm," I hum and close my eyes, getting ready to try to get some sleep.

The slumber only lasts a few hours before it's morning, but it's the best sleep I've ever had. Three days in the making.

I get up, accidentally waking up Spencer in the process.

"Shit, sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up."

The boy shakes his head, closing his eyes and letting out a deep sigh. "I've been up for...awhile. You didn't wake me,"

"Why? What's wrong?" I make my way around the bed to the side he's laying on.

"My entire body just...hurts," He tells me, looking back at me with tired brown eyes. "And I'm freezing-"

"You should have told me-"

"You haven't slept in awhile, I didn't want to bother you."

"Spence, that's what I'm here for. If you need something, let me know. As for those body aches, how does a hot shower sound?"

He shakes his head. "No, I don't think I can stand in the shower. I'm really weak right now,"

"Well, a hot shower will help and you are a tiny bit stinky-"

"Thanks,"

"-so, maybe I could just...stand in there with you?"

Alright, Y/N, this is gonna go straight on the list of bad ideas. But what the fuck am I supposed to do? Put one of my cloth covered chairs in there? Not happening. Plus, it won't be weird unless I make it weird. God, I hope it won't be weird.

"Are you sure?"

I give him a nod. "Yeah! It's fine!"

Spencer gives in to the idea and I help him to the bathroom. He wasn't lying when he said he was weak. He can barely keep himself upright, his already jacked up knee having nothing to do with it.

I start up the shower, setting it to a comfortable hot temperature before turning to Spencer.

"Alright, so...maybe you should just stay in your underwear?" I scratch my neck, looking at him. He's leaning back against the sink. "And I'll stay in my clothes?"