Linley (Panlong)

*Giving Up*

Your Pov

"Yale!" I called out to the tall blonde as I run toward his direction.

He whipped his head back and halt to a stop when he saw my running figure.

"(Y/N)? What's up?" He asked, with that silly grin plastered on his face.

"Uhm... D-do you perhaps, uh know w-where Linley is?" I asked back. My voice cracked a little because of nervousness and I can feel my hands starting to sweat.

"Hmm... I know where he is! But why are you looking for him?" My body froze for a moment because of his question, but I immediately recover and replied.
"Well, I just want to ask him something... so can you tell me where he is?"

"Alright I'll tell you, Linley is currently at the lake near the back of the school building. Right now, he must be doing some training again." He answered, I thanked him properly and then head out to the lake.

The chilly afternoon breeze hit my body as soon as I step outside the school building, without wasting another second I made my way towards the back of the school and there I saw the person I was looking for.

He's sitting cross-legged on the ground, and judging by his form it looks like he's meditating. In order for me to not disturb him, I quietly tiptoed behind him.

However, when I'm only a few meters away from him, Linley open his eyes. He looks at me with those cold golden eyes of his. I shrunk back a little because of his intense gaze.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, with an icy tone.

I tremble at the sound of it, and honestly I really wanted to run away but I stop myself. I can't back down now, I need to ask him again... for one last time.

"I-im sorry f-for interrupting you but I just want to ask you s-something." I said with a stuttering voice. I wanted to slap myself for being so weak.

He didn't say anything and just continue to look at me. I heave a deep sigh first to calm my tense nerve and somehow to keep myself sane.

"I... I really like you, will you be mine?"

There... I finally said it. Although, it's not the first time I'm telling this to him, actually I couldn't remember how many times I already confessed my feelings but unfortunately it all ended the same. He's always rejecting me.

I tilted my head down to avoid eye contact and waited for his answer. I heard him stand up from the ground and walk up in front of me. He towered my small figure and look down on me.

"I'm sorry (Y/N) but my answer will never change, I don't have any feelings for you because it's Delia whom i like so please... stop it. Your just making yourself looks like a fool." My heart was torn into many pieces when I heard those words coming from him.

A flood of tears falls down from the corner of my eyes, and my visions starting to get blur.

Linley keep his mouth shut as he only look at me with his usual stoic face. I look up at him and saw that his eyes didn't hold any sympathy or regret, its as if he doesn't care if I'm hurt or not.

A bitter smile formed on my face and with a defeated voice, I manage to said. "I see. I'm sorry for interrupting you again, but no worries... this would be the last time that I'm going to confess to you. From now on, I will try my best to forget you and my feelings for you, so rest assured that I'm not going to bother you anymore. Goodbye Linley."

With a broken heart, I turned around and slowly walk away from the person I love the most.

On my way back to school, I saw my bestfriend walking towards me. Her eyes scanned my hunched figure and with a calm voice she asked.

"Are you okay?"

I tilted my head from side to side as an answer and it looks like she understood what it means.

"So what are you going to do now? Are you finally going to let him go?"

"No." I said.

"Huh? But I thought---" I cut off her sentence.

"I'm not going to let him go... because he's not even mine in the first place."

"What do you mean?"

"You see..."

There's a different between LETTING GO & GIVING UP. Letting go is Sacrificing what was rightfully yours while giving up is Forgetting what was never yours.

-*-*-*-*-*-
A/N: Uwaaaahhhhh at last it's finished hahaha. I thought I wouldn't be able to finish it since I ran out of ideas but it's a good thing I manage to completed it. By the way, do you guys know this Manga? It's not an anime, it's a Manga and to tell you the truth this story is really amazing. If you had the time, you guys should check this out and I promise you, you won't regret it. Panlong is a masterpiece, I love the plot, the characters and all the twist in the story. Oh and before I forgot... LINLEY IS MINE!!! haha joke. Anyway, I hope you guys still enjoy this one even though it's not a happy ending.

Bye~

🌠I'm4everhistinkerbell🌠