1.05

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧  a risk worth taking  ✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

"I can't go any further with you," Ellie spoke an hour after their group had met Father Christmas.

She had been thinking about something she could try and even complete if she did everything smartly. It was a hard and almost impossible mission she had in mind, but after reading the letter from Aslan, she decided to take a risk.

"What do you mean?" Susan reacted to her statement with furrowed brows.

"I can't go with you," she shook her head. "I have to be somewhere else." She looked away into the darkness of the forest far from them.

"What? Where?" Peter asked.

Ellie looked down and gulped. She wanted to tell them her plan, but she decided to spare them from worry. She had no idea why she was so sure they would worry, but after two days together, she had no doubt that they would. She just knew. "That does not matter. Now, I should be on my way, but I believe my destination does not check up with yours."

"But - why do you have to go?" Lucy pursed her lips dolefully.

Susan tilted her head to the side suspiciously and questioned, "does this have something to do with that letter you got? Who sent you that?"

Ellie stuttered, "I have a-a task to complete." She cleared her throat. "I am delighted that I met you all, and I am sure this is not the last time we see each other. Good luck on your journey," she said speedily, squeezing her backpack's straps, but when she was about to turn around to leave, Lucy hugged her waist.

"Please, don't go!" she begged.

"I have to go, Lucy," she smiled, but her smile wasn't honest. She wasn't sure she made the right choice.

Just as she was ready to leave, she was stopped once again. "Ellie, it isn't safe for you to be out there on your own. You haven't even overcome your illness completely," Peter held her arm, trying to convince her to stay with them. He was worried the girl might get into trouble and get hurt.

Ellie removed his hand from her arm. "I was alone before I met you," she reminded them. "And I'm sure I will be fine."

Before anyone could protest, she sent them a wave and a look that reassured them that she would be okay. Mrs Beaver caught her attention as she turned around, and the look on her face made Ellie think that the female beaver might know about her plan. The girl quickly shook her head and walked away with big steps.

She took deep breaths as the others were no longer seen. All she saw was the darkness around her increasing while the sun was moving lower and lower. The trees became more terrifying, and every noise made her jump.