1.07

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧  latibule ✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

"Narnia isn't going to run out of toast, Edmund," the joyous familiar voice of a young girl woke Ellie up the next day.

She shot up, feeling unusually energised, and she quickly put on a dress that she found on her bed the night before. She had a feeling it was Lilian who put it there because when she ran out to thank whoever was responsible, the dryad smiled mysteriously. Dresses weren't her favourites, but even she had to admit that it was a very beautiful crimson Narnian dress.

"Then you better pack some for the journey," another familiar voice echoed as she exited her tent, eyeing four figures nearby.

Ellie asked immediately as she realised what the male voice said, "what?"

They couldn't leave. They just needed to stay. With her and the Narnians. They had to help them. Ellie wanted to go home so bad when she arrived but after almost a week of being there, she felt like she belonged here. They had already treated her better than in New York. They made her feel like she was home. And the fact that Peter wanted to go back to England broke her heart. She grew fond of the family, and she couldn't think of bearing their absence.

Lucy's dreary facial expression from the subject disappeared at the sight of her friend. "Ellie!" she shouted with a huge grin and ran to hug her.

"Told you we'd meet soon," the older girl smiled and stroked her back.

"Ellie," Peter's surprised voice drew her attention to him. "You - what are you doing here? We thought you wanted to go somewhere else."

"Oh, that was yesterday," she did a wave of her hand.

"Nobody has told you?" Edmund asked a little bewilderedly.

"Told us what?" Susan furrowed her brows.

He looked at his siblings with curiosity. "What were you told about how I got saved?" he asked.

"Well, nothing, but we know that Oreius and the others went to rescue you," Peter replied with a confused facial expression.

Edmund looked at Ellie with a smile which surprised his siblings as it wasn't usual to see him smile, especially not at someone who he didn't really know. "She was the one who rescued me."

"Really?" Lucy turned to her with a big grin.

"By the time the Narnians got there, it was late. She," he pointed a finger at the girl, "came for me earlier."

"You are exaggerating," Ellie muttered awkwardly because the attention was on her.

"She came alone when it was dark, and she threw something away and shot the tent of the Witch to make it collapse to draw everyone away. After that, she came to me, knocked the dwarf, who was my guard, down, and she set me free," Edmund explained.