2.06

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

Ellie was sitting by the window, looking at the bright stars in the sky. The piercing screams of Prunaprismia were ringing in her ears. The woman was giving birth at that moment, and the redhead was ready to leave at any moment. She knew she would have to leave with Caspian to protect him, and as soon as she heard the first warning scream, she and Cornelius parted to get ready for the forthcoming escape.

The moment the castle was again in the lull, she stood up and headed for Prunaprismia's bedroom. Every soldier she passed was looking suspiciously at her, but it wasn't different from her behaviour. Under her eyelashes, she watched everything with a cautious look as she made rapid strides through the corridors. She almost breathed in relief when she entered the bedroom and saw the exhausted woman lying on the bed. The woman was one of those people in the castle who was always nice to her and put a smile on her face when they crossed paths.

The woman's mouth curved into a faint smile when she saw the girl at the door. She waved at her and nodded her head toward the child sleeping in her arms. "Why are you still awake?" she asked, trying to stay as quiet as possible to avoid waking up her baby.

"I couldn't sleep. I wanted to visit you," Ellie replied, copying the woman's quiet tone. She made her way to the bed and sat down to a chair that was placed next to it.

Prunaprismia sent a grateful smile to her. "That's very thoughtful of you, thank you," she said.

"How are you feeling?" the redhead asked, noticing the woman's wet hair and clothes, and the sweat on her forehead.

As Prunaprismia tucked a wisp of hair behind her ear, it was noticeable that her hands were also shaking. "I have a lot of emotions at the moment. But more than anything, blessed to have a healthy baby." She looked down at the sleeping child, and her face showed nothing but joy and gratitude. "It's a boy," she added.

Even if the baby meant the downfall of the Prince, Ellie couldn't help feeling a little delighted for the woman. She knew Prunaprismia would have felt the same if the baby had been a girl. "Congratulations, I'm very happy for you," she told her with a soft smile. "You should rest now, you must be exhausted."

"Thank you. I should probably do that," Prunaprismia agreed, watching Ellie stand up. "Good night, Natalia," she said with a smile, the girl returning the gesture.

Meanwhile, in another room of the castle, the Lord Protector, like the redhead minutes earlier, was standing in front of the window and waited for the news to reach him. He was desperately hoping for Glozelle to bring him the news of his wife giving birth to a boy.

"Lord Miraz, you have a son."

Hearing the voice of the General, he still didn't turn around. "The heavens have blessed us." He watched the stars and felt nothing but satisfaction. "You know your orders," he spoke and slightly turned his head to the side. "General Glozelle," he added slowly.