2.09

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

"It's only a matter of time."

The red-haired girl was jolted out of her reverie by a voice. She glanced at Lucy sitting next to her, who was watching her older brother with a serious expression. She could see the concern in the young girl's eyes. Not even a day had passed since they returned to the How with the Pevensies, and a Telmarine soldier was already caught spying on them. Ellie put her hand on the young Queen's back and sent her a soothing smile as she turned her gaze towards her.

"Miraz' men and war machines are on their way. That means those same men aren't protecting his castle," Peter said.

Ellie's eyes went from Lucy to the blond boy. She didn't want to admit it, but something bothered her about his behaviour. She always knew him to be stubborn, but this time she knew it wasn't just that. He was noticeably colder, and that hurt her. Especially when he looked at her and had a different glare in his eyes than he had every time their eyes met. She attempted to talk to him before the meeting, but the boy seemed to give her a wide berth. To avoid ruining her mood even more, she decided to spend that time with Susan, and she was glad that she did.

"What do you propose we do, Sire?" Reepicheep asked, standing on top of a rock, and both Peter and Caspian turned to him to answer the question.

"We - "

"Our - "

Ellie couldn't resist burying her face in her hands with a sigh. She tried not to think about it, but he knew from the start that there would be differences between the two boys. The King and Prince turned to each other, and Peter gave him a look, which resulted in Caspian conceding, looking at the ground with a defeated look.

"Our only hope is to strike them before they strike us," Peter continued, and Ellie's eyes were once again on him as she lifted an eyebrow.

His idea didn't sound very thought-out and tactical, and she was surprised by that, expecting him to come up with a plan that could be well executed. Instead, it sounded like he wanted to fight solely to prove something.

The Telmarine Prince appeared to share her opinion. "But that's crazy, no one has ever taken that castle," he voiced.

"And that is for a reason," Ellie added, earning a frustrated look from Peter.

"There's always a first time," the King replied simply.

Ellie averted her gaze to Caspian, and their eyes met. They both disagreed with him, and because they were the only ones who lived in the castle and knew Miraz personally, their purpose was to make Peter and everyone else understand that his idea was absolutely foolish.