epilogue

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧  perished  ✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

"Hey, Ellie, look!"

A voice drew Ellie out of her stare and reminded her that she should pay attention. "Sorry, Su." She was looking at ball gowns with the Gentle Queen. "Beautiful," she said, watching the clothing piece the other was holding.

It was a long, off the shoulder, blue tulle dress. Ellie didn't want to admit it but she liked it. She was never a fan of dresses, even though she wore them a lot, but the dress Susan chose was something she would have chosen to wear as well. She liked it for its length and because it was not close-fitting.

She always hated her body type because she found herself too skinny thus wore mostly baggy clothes, long and bigger dresses, trying to hide her body. She believed she had legs like matchsticks, barely visible breasts and bony arms. She hoped puberty would come to her later and she wouldn't be stuck with her shapeless body for her whole life. In Narnia, she became more muscular due to the fact that she trained a lot, and she also went horse riding with the Magnificent King to check that everything was fine and peaceful in their kingdom. Apart from that, she looked the same as before.

What surprised her the most was her hair. Although it was slowly growing, it stayed brown for some unknown reason. Not even one hair on her head faded back to red. She didn't mind it, her red hair was one of the reasons she was bullied her whole life. She was certain that everyone in Narnia would accept her as a redhead, but she preferred to keep her true hair colour a secret. A secret she shared with the youngest Pevensie, who, as she promised, never mentioned it to anyone.

Susan was filled with satisfaction when she saw the look on Ellie's face, the way she had her eyes on the dress. She was sure the girl liked it. "It will be your dress for tonight," she told her.

That night, they held a ball for the first anniversary of their coronation.

Even though the dress was perfect, Ellie didn't seem to like the idea of wearing it to the ball. "Seriously, Susan? I am a knight. I don't need a dress."

The Queen disagreed with her. "No, no, no. You will not wear armour for this ball. This dress will make you look like a princess - " she twirled, the dress she was going to wear flying around her gracefully.

"Which I am not," Ellie commented, folding her arms and leaning on the wall.

Susan sent her a cutting glance, putting her hands on her hips. "That's not the point, Ellie."

She continued trying to convince her until the older girl rolled her eyes. "Fine," she faltered out.

Susan jumped and smote hands together. "Yes!" She had a wide smile ear to ear. "Now try it on," she handed the dress to her, making her eyebrows jump up.