2.14

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

By the time dawn came the next day, everything was back on track, which meant that Ellie and Peter were glued to each other, just like they were during their first adventure in Narnia. This didn't only please the two of them but everyone else around them, since it was much more peaceful without them constantly glaring at each other.

The redhead and the blond boy were standing in front of each other, both holding swords with a smirk on their faces. They weren't able to sleep from the upsetting conversation the night before, so after a restless night, the moment the sun rose, they began training. It was good for both of them. Ellie's memories kept her uneasy, and every time a memory crossed her mind, a lump formed in her throat. Peter was simply raging, a single thought about the girl's situation was enough to make his blood boil.

"Ready?" the boy spoke, tightening the grip on his sword.

"I am going to destroy you," Ellie replied.

A playful smirk formed on Peter's face. "Oh, are you?" he asked, working on a plan in his head.

The girl opened her mouth but quickly closed it because the boy threw his sword to the ground and pitched himself forward, jumping on the girl. Ellie was so surprised that her sword slipped out of her hand, and she couldn't stop the boy, so grabbing his shoulder, they both fell to the ground. Peter's next action was to reach to her waist and tickle her, listening to her giggles with a satisfied grin on his face.

"Stop, I beg of you, stop! This is not fair!" Ellie complained, grabbing a handful of grass and throwing it in the boy's face." Cheater!" she pouted.

She pushed the boy until he finally rolled off with a big thud, pretending to be dead. Ellie poked his nose, her mouth widening into a grin, making him scrunch. Without giving it a thought, she lay next to the boy on the grass, not minding that the grass was a little damp from the morning moisture. Lying on her back, she looked at the blue sky that was flooded by orange and pink spots, while Peter turned to her and began to play with a long red mop of hair.

"Remember when I told you my favourite colour was red?" he spoke quietly.

Ellie turned her head to look into his bright eyes. "Yes," she answered with a faint smile, remembering the first night she spent with the Pevensie siblings and the Beavers.

"Now there is one more reason for red to be my favourite." He twisted the lock of hair around his finger, a fond smile growing on his face as she turned her gaze towards the sky, trying to hide her bashful smile. The smile wilted from his face when he remembered something he had been thinking about since the night before. "Can I ask you something?"