1.11

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧  battle cries  ✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

As Ellie opened her eyes the next morning, a careworn sigh escaped her lips. She slowly rose and placed her bare feet on the grassy ground. Goosebumps appeared on her skin, and she couldn't help herself, a teardrop left her eye. He was gone. Aslan, who had brought her to the world where she received better treatment than she had ever gotten at home, was gone. She only got a chance to thank him for that once. She wanted to tell him how grateful she was at least a thousand times. He was the reason she finally found a home, friends, family. Happiness. The smile on her face, the sparkles in her eyes, which she thought she had lost forever, they were there because of him.

She closed her eyes and let the tear run down her cheek. "The day has come," she whispered. She knew, as soon as she felt the morning approach, that the day of the fight between good and bad had arrived.

She got up, braided her hair and got dressed. She chose the dress her eyes landed on first because she knew she would have to change into armour later.

"She's right. He's gone," Peter's voice rang in her ears as she approached the two Pevensie brothers with Oreius.

"What's going on?" she asked, bringing their attention to herself.

"Aslan. He died. He sacrificed himself so I wouldn't have to die," Edmund said with guilt in his voice. By the look of the girl's face, he assumed that it wasn't a surprise for her. "You knew that, didn't you?"

She nodded, "I did."

The centaur shook his head in disbelief, "why didn't you tell us?"

Ellie slowly sighed. She thought he would understand without explanation. At length, it was the centaur who had known the mighty lion for the longest time. "It was not my duty to do so. If he had wanted to tell anyone, he would have done that."

Peter, who had been eyeing her with slightly narrowed eyes, realised something. "He didn't tell you either, right? You figured it out."

"I did. But he wanted us to win this battle. To continue the plan of freeing Narnia. Even though he is gone, we still have a chance to free Narnia," she spoke with a determined facial expression.

"Then you'll have to lead us," Edmund told his brother, who had disbelief all over his face. "Peter, there's an army out there and it's ready to follow you," he tried to convince him.

"What about you?" Peter turned to Oreius. "You're the leader of the army."

"I am the general. Not the leader," he replied.

The blond boy bit his lips and looked at them with questioning eyes. "What about Ellie? She's way better than me in combat and she's the Protector, shouldn't we follow her?"