2.01

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

1944

"You go to Saint Finbar's?"

The male voice brought the older Pevensie daughter off of the magazine in her hands. She looked up and saw a boy with glasses in his school uniform, looking at her with a smile. "That's right," she answered with a nod.

"I go to Hendon House. Across the road. I've seen you," he said, earning an awkward smile from Susan, "sitting by yourself," he added, watching the smile on her face fade away.

"Yes, well, I prefer to be left alone," she quickly replied, turning away from him slightly, hoping that he notices the sign and leaves her alone.

Unfortunately for the girl, he grinned with hope. "Me, too. What's your name?"

She rolled her eyes and turned back to the boy with a fake smile. "Phyllis."

"Susan!" A shout interrupted the conversation, much to the girl's joy, and they saw a young girl running towards them. Susan realised that thanks to her little sister, she was exposed. "You'd better come quickly," Lucy told her in a hurry.

Susan watched the worry on her face and realised what was going on. The eldest of the siblings got into a fight. Again. She glanced at the boy next to them who watched the sisters curiously, she put the magazine back to its place and left with Lucy. They ran to the train station, a place they were familiar with.

Susan's attention was on the fight in front of the stairs as soon as her eyes caught the familiar blond hair of her older brother. She sighed, thinking about the possible reason for the conflict. Just as Peter locked eyes with her in a swift moment, she shook her head disapprovingly and sent him a look drained in disappointment.

Lucy watched Peter with distress. She knew he could fight, at last, he was once a king and soldier, but she couldn't help being worried for him every single time he got into trouble after they returned from Narnia. She was shoved, and her eyes caught a glimpse of dark hair hidden under a black cap. "Edmund!" she cried out, recognising the boy within a second.

However, it seemed like he ignored her. He jumped at a boy who was about to attack his brother. Lucy and Susan shared a look. They had enough of Peter starting fights, Edmund dragged into them, trying to help the eldest. The contention ended when soldiers appeared, tearing the boys off of each other, sending them the other way.

"You're welcome," Edmund commented after the siblings sat down to a bench.

The blond looked at him but had no intention of thanking him. "I had it sorted," he responded while standing up, making the dark-haired boy roll his eyes.