1.06

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧  the great lion  ✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

The centaur rode at a great pace with the two humans on his back until they reached the green area with many and many tents, Aslan's Camp. Edmund fell asleep in front of Ellie, and the girl hugged his waist quite tightly to make sure he wouldn't fall.

The girl eyed the tents with nervous glances. She didn't like the way everyone, who was already awake, had the attention on them. They looked at the sleeping boy with praising looks. However, when their eyes fell on the girl, they became hostile. Ellie didn't have to think twice to find out its reason. They knew she wasn't a part of the prophecy about the four Pevensie siblings since the three other family members were already there. She had the idea that they realised she was chosen to be the Protector, and they didn't like that idea. The Protector, who was supposed to be a brave and fierce male, was in front of them, but the only thing they saw was a fragile little girl with a pale and bony figure.

"Where are we?" she asked the centaur.

"This is Aslan's Camp. You are safe now," he responded with a tiny smile and slowed down.

"Hey, Edmund," she spoke softly, shaking his arm slightly.

Edmund awoke with a loud and scared gasp, but his body relaxed when he saw the female behind him. "Uh, did we arrive?"

She nodded with a smile. "This is Aslan's Camp. You have nothing to fear now. As soon as your siblings come to their senses, you can be with them."

"Welcome back, Bash. Welcome, Edmund and Natalia, son of Adam and daughter of Eve."

"Please, your Highness, it's Ellie," the girl tried to sound as respectful as she could. "I am not fond of my name."

"And why is that?"

Because my family gave it to me, she wanted to say but kept her mouth shut.

He acknowledged with a nod that the answer wouldn't come. "May I speak with you alone?" he asked, looking at the boy and centaur. "I shall find you soon, Edmund Pevensie," he spoke in a soft voice.

The boy, a little scared, nodded and left with Bash. The lion and the girl started walking. She looked back at Edmund who did the same at the same time. She sent him a warm smile to reassure him that everything would be okay, which he accepted with a very faint one.

Aslan and the girl walked to a hill. Ellie didn't notice but a smile crawled on her face at the sight of the breathtaking dawn in front of her. She wondered if everything in Narnia seemed more beautiful than in her world or it was just her imagination.

Aslan sat on the ground and Ellie snapped out of her trance at the sound of his voice. "What you did was very brave. What made you rescue the Pevensie boy?"