1.03

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧  pearl moon  ✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

"Can't sleep?" A male voice asked, causing Ellie to jump a little in fright and look behind to see Peter making his way to her.

"God, you have to stop scaring me," she murmured under her breath. She eyed as Peter sat next to her while trying to slick down his messy hair.

It was dark, and the other members of the group were asleep. Peter woke up due to the cold and gave his own blanket to the sleeping Lucy who was shivering a little, and that was the moment he noticed someone was missing. At first, a slight blaze of fear grew inside of him, but then he saw the familiar figure of the girl sitting on a rock nearby. As he walked a little closer, he saw that she was looking out of her head with her mind elsewhere. Even though the sparkles of the stars were glistening on her face, her eyes appeared dim.

"Is something wrong?" he asked. He didn't know her for more than one day, but he could tell something made her uneasy.

"I-I think I just need a little time to comprehend all of this," she smiled faintly.

Then, they both stayed silent. Peter thought he would feel uncomfortable next to the girl because he hadn't really spent time with girls other than his sisters, but the only thing he felt was peace. For the first time since they lost Edmund, he wasn't so tense and restless. It felt like tranquilness was radiating from the girl, even though she appeared tense. That was what she experienced during the day they had spent together.

"You know, I find it hard to believe that everyone living in Narnia wants to burden the shoulder of a group of children with the weight of a battle," she explained. "Sorry if I sound like I don't have the faith in you," she apologised quickly. "I just don't really understand."

Peter let a soft smile creep on his face. He raised his hand to sweep out a blond mop of hair out of his face. What he didn't notice was the way the girl flinched at the action. "It's okay. We actually don't want to fight. We just want our brother back," he replied.

Ellie nodded, "I can understand that." She saw the writhing expression on his face. "Hey, what is it?"

Peter sighed. "It's just - I can't rest. It is my fault Edmund went to the witch. I was too hard on him," he looked at his hands guiltily. "Ever since our father left for the war, I have treated him worse than he deserved it. If I could turn back time and do some things differently, I would."

As he looked back at her, he noticed her watching him with sympathising eyes. "You are his big brother. It is your job to annoy him," she joked, which made him smile a little. "I don't know how you treated him, I wasn't there. But he must remember that you are family. No bond is greater than blood."