2.04

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

One miserably long week had passed since Ellie had the dream with Aslan. Every single day, sitting on thorns, she waited for the moment for the dark and unfavorable surroundings of the house to be replaced by Narnia's accepting and peaceful atmosphere. Although she realised that Narnia had changed from the things Aslan told her, she didn't expect anything else, knowing that about 1300 years had passed since she had been there the first time.

It was late in the afternoon, and she was hanging the family's freshly washed clothes to dry. She kept glancing up at the sky. The sun was already lower than she would have liked it. She was exhausted. She hadn't slept or eaten in days. For some reason, Rowena and Victoria sensed the small spark of hope that gleamed in her after the dream, and they caused her even more suffering. She had tasks to do day and night, she barely had time to even eat, although it's not like she had to spend a lot of time eating leftovers that the other members of the family didn't consume. As a result, she was unable to visit the McKinley family, her fresh wounds, which Robbie's mother always took care of, were often bleeding atrociously for a long time without being properly treated by an expert.

"Are you here, carrot?"

Ellie felt the icy and metallic taste of fear in her mouth when she heard the voice of her older relative from behind. She turned around for a second, taking in the annoyed look on the other girl's face. "Yes, Vicky, I'm hanging your clothes, as you asked," she answered quietly, turning back to continue her work.

"Ah, good," Victoria hummed, then her whole face lit up. "Do it faster," she plastered a provocative smile on her face. "And iron the clothes in my room."

Ellie turned around, suppressing a sigh. "Done with that," she nodded, clasping her hands behind her back.

Victoria slightly tilted her head. "Then do it again," she said like she was talking to a moron.

"Why would I?" Ellie murmured. Her eyes widened when she realised that the other heard her words.

The older girl narrowed her eyes and crossed her arms, stepping closer to her. "You worthless brat. What do you think happens if you disobey?" she spat out the words, her eyes sending Ellie threatening looks.

The redhead couldn't stay silent. "I could leave. I will be eighteen soon. And I have money," she retorted.

"No, you don't," Victoria smirked in victory.

Her mouth fell open with disbelief. "But-but I've been working and - "

"That money is in mother's hands," Victoria snapped at her, cutting her off. "Did you really think you could leave if you wanted to?"