The mask

Shivagami knew the roads through the forests.She also knew different shortcuts through different caves and tunnels across the place.Even Kattappa didn't know about one of the secret routes that she pointed out.
"Rajmata,how do you know so much about this dark forest?"said Devasena
" because,I wasn't always a Rajmata,a queen.I had a different life."said Shivagami.
It was already dawn,so they moved slowly across the bridge.There was no time to stop and take rest.
"We are now almost at the end of the forest.Kattapa you said we have to go to the end of the forest,but you didn't tell me why!"
"Rajmata,someone is waiting for us there"
Shivagami was astonished,but didn't ask who was waiting for them.All she wanted was to take Mahendra bahubali to a safer place.

As they were crossing another old bridge,she saw her reflection in the water .After so many years ,she was in this part of the forest.Now after serving her country for so many years,her hair had turned grey.The reflection had changed with time,but this river stayed same.The routes,trees,hills, everything was same.
Sometimes in the middle of utter turmoil situations you suddenly remember you have to breathe,this situation was one of the same for Shivagami.She remembered her father,her old friends and then her son Bahubali.She always knew Bahu was honest and purest ,but still she killed him with none other than Kattappa's hand.The night has passed,yet the shallowness inside her was heavy with the burden of reality.But she was a warrior,she would fight till the end.But the mother soul inside her was crying in pain.She had lots of wounds in her soul and body from the past,and this felt the deepest .The betrayal of her son,husband didn't make any wound,but her worst decision surely did it best.

As they were crossing a waterfall she saw a tall man was sitting on a rock with mask.As Devasena , Kattappa went towards him ,he leaded them to the cave route ,which would lead them to a safer place.Shivagami knew this path as well.This route was the longest one,and the tunnel opened into another waterfall.But when they reached a particular point of the tunnel where there was a split of route,they decided that Shivagami Devasena and Mahendra Bahubali would go to the end of the tunnel which lead to the waterfall,while Kattappa and the masked man would go through the other route to arrange for a ship and other things from Kunthal Rajya.

"Who is he?"asked Shivagami.
"He is a friend of Kunthal Rajya"said Devasena.