6.5

This chapter is literally gonna break your heart so get ready.
-

Everyone had gone to college after such an emotional morning of goodbyes. Maddie and I were drinking coffee in starbucks together as we were the only ones besides Finn who didn't go to college.

Finn didn't want to come. Him and Jack got into an argument over something stupid before Jack went. They didn't even say goodbye to each other. Now Finn was mad at himself and wanted to be alone which I respected.

"I can't believe Jack was that selfish to go to college when I'm pregnant with his baby. He said he wasn't going to leave me." Maddie said.

"He's an ass, you'll do much better without him." I replied.

We were just about to leave when I heard my phone start to ring. I picked it up to see that it was Winona calling. I pressed the answer button and put it to my ear.

"Hey Winona, what's up?" I asked.

"Hello, Millie. I have a huge problem and I need your help or everything is going to go so wrong." She said, I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Sure you can have my help. But what for?" I asked.

"This is going to be hard on you too, Mills. Are you with anybody else?" She asked.

"I'm with Maddie in Starbucks." I said, still as confused as ever.

"Okay, go into the restroom with Maddie and put the phone on speaker. It'll be easier if I tell you both at the same time." She said.

I grabbed Maddie's hand and pulled her into the restroom where nobody was and put the phone on speaker. I was so confused, yet my heart was beating so fast. What is happening?

"Okay, we're in the restroom." I said.

"Right." I heard her take a deep breath, "J-Jack's body was found around ten minutes ago. He's killed himself."

I felt everything stop. Why would he do that? He seemed so happy. What is Finn going to do? What about Noah?

I felt tears fall down my face at a rapid pace.

"D-Does Finn know?" I asked, choking on my tears.

"No, that's why I need your help. Angela and I have decided to not tell him for a while. After how he reacted when his dad passed, we don't want that to happen. Will you guys please distract him? I don't want him to break again." She said.

I wiped my tears for more to fall," Y-Yeah. Do you want u-us to come round?"

"Please." she said.

I nodded even though she couldn't see me, "be right there."

I ended the call and hugged Maddie as we both cried to each other. I can't belive Jack would do this. We should have known he wasn't feeling so happy and bubbly. It must've all been a huge facade.

I can't even begin to imagine how Finn will take it.

"Come on, we have to stop crying and make sure Finn doesn't find out." Maddie said, wiping her tears and splashing water on her face. "Let's put these ninth grade drama skills to use, Jack would want us to be happy."