Chapter Five

I would like to say a ginormous thank you to all the people who addressing this story, have fanned me, and who have commented on it. It means the world to me! You guys are lovely <3 And your comments are HILARIOUS!!! :D srry I don't respond, it's hard since I'm doing this on my iPod. But trust me, I read them! 

------------------------------

I sighed as I continued walking down the street. I don't know why I'm here. Is it to look for a job? Or to stay away from Sabrina? All I know is I woke up, got dressed, and walked here.

Spontaneously I walked into a cafe. I really don't know why. I walked up to the counter and was greeted by a brown-haired girl who looked around my age. I ordered my drink and walked over to where I was supposed to get it. The girl came over to me.

"Hey, are you Adriene? Harry Styles' best friend?"

"Yup." I said, popping the 'p'.

"Sorry if I'm being a bother, but why do you have a confused look on your face? I'm McKenna by the way."

"Honestly? I don't know why I came here. And nice to meet you." I stuck out my hand, and she shook it. Out of habit I looked down and noticed a "Help Wanted" sign. "This cafe is hiring? Can I have a form to apply?"

"Here. Now, you look like you need someone to talk to. And I have unlimited breaks. So I'd be willing to listen." McKenna said with a smile.

I looked up from the form. "What if your just trying to be-friend me so you can meet One Direction?"

She laughed. "One, I don't like One Direction. Two, my mum owns this place, so I can put in a good word for you. All the other workers here are ugly boys. I'm in desperate need of a friend, and it looks like your in desperate need of a job."

I gave her back the form. "Fine. Let's talk. But when are you gonna make my drink?"

She laughed. "Since you asked for a Coke with extra milk and sugar, I assumed your mind was somewhere else."

"Wow? I said that!" I said while laughing. "Walk to the park?"

She nodded and jumped over the counter. "One sec," she opened some office door and handed my form to a woman I guess was her mother. "I think she's our new employee!" she said to the lady before skipping back to me. "Ready?" I nodded and we headed out of the cafe and towards the park.  

------------------------------ 

"Wow." McKenna whispered. We were sitting on a bench in the park, and I just dumped my entire life story on her. It took me two hours. I didn't realize how bad it all was until I said it out loud. "So want are you gonna do about Cambridge?"

I laughed. "Out of all that, your the most worried about that?!?"

"No." she said, looking straight at me. "But people, you can avoid and dispose at your will. Your future, you cannot. Honestly, you just need to find what makes you happy. Cause right now, you definitely aren't."

I stared at her in shock. "I've never stood up for myself."

"That, love, is your problem. Your living your life how other people want you too. I mean, I'm your age and I live with my mum, and work for my mum. But I'm bloody happy." I looked at McKenna. She had dark-brown hair, but the tips were dip-dyed a bright red. She had multiple piercings on her ears and her bellybutton was also pierced. She was the complete opposite of me.

"You don't give a thought to what people think. And that's all I do." I looked at the ground and felt an arm wrap around my shoulders.

"From what I know of you, I think your gonna go all pyshco on Sabrina's ass. And its gonna change you and your life forever. But life's a rollercoaster. And what's a good rollercoaster without the ups and downs?"

"That," I said looking at her, "Is an excellent point."

She laughed. "So. Wat cha gonna do about Cambridge?" I started laughing, and soon she joined in too.

"You are bloody amazing. You know that?" I said, still laughing.

"Hell yeah I know! Now I should probably get back to work before my mum kills me. Give me your number so I can ring you." We exchanged numbers and said goodbye, then headed in different directions. Her to the cafe, and me to my flat.