Chapter Eight

I stared at myself in the mirror. I had my hair down in natural waves, and I was wearing a purple tank top, dark jeans, gray tennis shoes, and my make-up was down naturally. I smiled. I don't know why I'm so happy to be going to dinner with a group of people where only one of them was my friend, and one of them might be trying to kill me.

"Are you ready?" Harry had appeared in the doorway of my bathroom.

"Yep!" I smiled and walked up to him, linking our arms together. We stayed like that while we walked down the stairs, but I quickly separated from him when I saw Sabrina. In a flash all the confidence McKenna gave me disappeared.

Louis walked over to me. "Ready love?"

I nodded and we walked out to his car, me feeling Sabrina's glares the whole way. Louis was driving, I rode shotgun, and Harry and Sabrina were in the back. The other three were taking Zayn's car to wherever we were going.

After about fifteen minutes later, which were filled with Sabrina snogging Harry every time I tried to talk to him, we arrived at some restaurant. We all piled out, and walked over to where the other boys were standing.

"Lets Eat!" Niall screamed.

--------------------------------------------------------------

An hour and a half later we had finished eating, and were talking. Everyone else was on their third or fourth beer, while I was on my first. I dislike drinking, so I was the designated sober one. Throughout this entire time Harry and Sabrina kept kissing. Every time we took a picture one of them would kiss the other's cheek, and seconds later I'd see it all over again because it was uploaded to Twitter.

I didn't really talk, and I was loosing track of their conversations. It was only 9:45. This was going to be one fun night.

"No way am I doing that! Besides, your the singer!" Sabrina squealed. They had karaoke here, and for the past ten minutes they were daring each other to go up.

"Yeah, but people might recognize me!" Harry replied back. "Come on babe! Sing me a song!"

I stood up abruptly, causing Zayn, who was sitting next to me, to jump. "I'll go up."

Sabrina started hysterically laughing, while the boys just stared at me. "Y-You can't carry a n-note for your fu-fucking life!" She said between laughs.

"Are you sure? It can be bloody embarrassing if-" Louis said before I cut him off.

"I know." I snapped, turning to walk up to the stage. "I'll sing." I said to the guy, he nodded and asked me what song. I gave him my request and he handed me the mic.

I took a deep breathe and walked onto the stage. Harry, Louis and Liam looked worried, Niall and Zayn looked confused, while Sabrina had a triumphant grin on her face. Well this time, she was going to lose.

The music started, and the six of them all made a look of recognition. Yeah I was singing a song by One Direction. But right now, it fit perfectly into my life.

She takes your hand

I die a little

I watch your eyes

And I'm in riddles

Why can't you look at me like that?

Shock filled their faces, and I smirked. Despite what Sabrina had said, I can in fact carry a note. Extremely well.

When you walk by I try to say it

But then I freeze

And never do it