Chapter Seven

I sighed.

"What cupcake?" McKenna said, popping up in front of me.

"I really like your hair. You naturally have a nice color to your hair, but the red at the tips is so cool. I have poop hair." I complained, resting my head on her shoulder.

"Your hair is an ugly color....." she mumbled. I hit her on the head and mumbled "I know" before going to help the customer that had just arrived. I took down her order and gave it to McKenna. She started to make the coffee while I continued talking.

"When I was sixteen, I was gonna die my hair."

"Why didn't you?" she handed the customer her drink.

"Sabrina said it would look bloody awful."

"Love, you need to stop doing what other people want you to do. It's your life. You should live it so your happy."

"I know, I know............." I mumbled, turning around to take the next customers order.

"Hello sweetie, Adriene."

"Hi Ms. Darsing." I replied at the same time McKenna said "Hey mum."

"Adriene dear, call me Olivia. And your replacements will be here in thirty minutes. Oh! Kenna, the new boy, Arwin, will coming in ten minutes, so teach him how to use the machines! And remind Daniel to lock up." she waved before walking out of the cafe.

When she was gone I started laughing. "When you said only ugly boys worked here, I thought it was a joke."

"Why would I say something like that? You've met Daniel, he's just old. But Jimmy, who I used to have to work my shifts with, looked like he was hit with the ugly stick then rolled around in ugly. Cal, who used to work here, wasn't ugly, but he was in his thirties and he kept hitting on me." she made a disgusted face.

"Maybe the new guy Arwin won't be so bad. I saw his form, he's twenty."

"His name is freakin Arwin."

"True that." my phone buzzed. " No way!"

"What?" McKenna came over to look at my phone.

"Sabrina is taking the boys and me out to dinner." she gave me a "go-on" look. "And I don't have work. So I can go. For the first time." I smiled. Sabrina must've forgotten I got a new job with new hours.

The sound of the door opening caused us to turn around. And there he was. Dressed in the Darling Cafe uniform. Arwin. And he was fit.

"Hey. I'm Arwin." he said with a gorgeous smile.

"McKenna. And this is Adriene." I looked at her, and she had this stupid look on her face. No way!

"Nice to meet you!" I said smiling, "I actually am leaving." I walked towards the door, giving McKenna a wink before walking outside.

I pulled out my phone and texted Sabrina, telling her I would be coming.