Chapter 5: First For Everything

Jamie had a firm grip on me as he held me against the wall. A lot of people took notice to our standoff but didn't interfere.

"Vic isn't your soulmate. He never was," I say slightly intimidated.

Jamie's grip tightened causing my breathing to become shorter. "We was meant for each other and you changed all of that." He spat.

"No I didn't, Jamie. You did." I start as he loosens his hold. "It's what you did that changed everything, your stupid actions and words that scarred Vic."

"What the fuck do you mean by that?" He questioned. Jamie soon dropped me to the floor as blood dropped down my face from where he had hit me.

"You hurt him in so many ways but you were to caught up in your so-called relationship to realize that Vic was suffering." I blurted our.

Once again Jamie's fist made contact with my face, this time leaving a mark. "Don't you dare say that about me, do you fucking understand me!" He shouted.

"What are you going to do, huh. Hit me? Go on then, hit like you just did. Come on!" I belt out pushing him backwards.

Jamie's initial reaction was to fall back onto a nearby table. "Why are you acting like this, Kellin?"

I felt my cheeks burning up and I didn't know how long I could contain my anger.

Suddenly I felt a pair of hands grab my shoulder, holding me back. It was Vic.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about you fucking cunt!" I scream as I try to jerk my body forward but Vic was too strong.

Jamie rose to his feet, walking over to me. "What did I do, Kitten?" He said as his disgusting hands culled my face.

"You know what you did Jamie, don't play dumb." Jamie moved some of my fallen hair from my face, I tried to fight back but couldn't.

The next thing I knew was Jamie touching Vic and I couldn't take it. "Don't fucking touch!" I yell pained.

"You're the reason why he's had to go for treatments, see therapists and take antidepressants."

"Don't give me that bullshit." Jamie smirked.

"Jamie you know that you did. You hurt him terribly, in the worst way possible." I start unable to stop the words falling from my lips.

"You raped Vic." I whisper. It was too late, I had exposed the truth in front of the man I swore I'd never hurt.

"Kellin lets go." Vic stats and take my hand. "Please." I nod before walking off with him, leaving Jamie to drown in his own self pity.

Once we exited the restaurant, I saw Andy holding Copeland looking confused.

We walked towards them and Vic simply said, "Home."

*

When we arrived at the driveway I opened the door and Vic stopped the engine. I walked over to open the door for Andy who was unstrapping Copeland.

All four of us walked through the front door, Andy holding my daughter and Vic never letting go of my hand.

"Hey Andy, can you look after Copeland? I need a word with Kellin." Vic said and Andy nodded.

Vic walked me up the stairs and into his room. I sat down placing my head in my hands. Vic kneeled down on the floor next to me.

"Talk to me," he calmly said.

I removed my hands and looked him straight in the eyes. "I don't know what happened, I just knew I couldn't let him win." I admit.

Vic moved my hair and tucked of behind my ear. "Why did you feel like that?"

I sigh quietly. "He's been playing this game for far too long. I guess I just wanted him to know that what he did to you should never of happened." I say pained.

"But this is not your battle to fight. It's mine." Vic says sternly.

I nod understandingly. "I'm sorry."

"You don't have to apologize to me about anything, just promise me that won't happen again." Vic held out his pinkie finger and I did the same, lacing ours together.

"I promise." I smile as he sits up on the bed and pulls me in for a hug. I pull away after a short while and stare at him.

I don't know what's happening to me but I feel safe. My eyes wonder to Vic's lips, taking in their gorgeous shape and beautiful colour. How I would love to know what they feel like against mine.

"Vic can I ask you something?"

Vic nodded, "Fire away." He quickly said.

"How are you so brave?" I ask looking up at him.

He looked slightly confused. "What do you mean by that?"

"Nothing seems to really get to you, emotionally I mean. You're always wearing a brave expression and I want to understand."

Vic sighed and lifted my chin. "All you need to know is that people grieve in their own way, I bottle it up and act like it doesn't affect me because I know that if I showed my feelings, you would see them and that's what I can't stand."

"Me knowing how you feel?" I quickly ask.

"No, you seeing me hurting would hurt you and I'm not prepared to take that risk." He says calmly.

I nodded holding both his hands in mine. "I'll jump when you're ready to fly." I say contently.

That was the last thing I said to Vic as he pulled my face to his before he connected our lips gently.