Chapter 10: Revelations

Vic's POV

"Try searching again!" I yell at the police officer who was standing just two feet away from me, a clipboard and pen in her hands.

"I'm sorry sir, but there are no leads to your sons disappearance." She says firmly, silencing me for a second.

I glanced at the floor for a few brief moments, contemplating what I was going to say next. "Can't you look into any missing persons files?" Asked Kellin, breaking the silence.

"I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try." Started the lady. "I'll go talk to the computer technician." I thanked her before she walked off.

Kellin sat me down in the nearby alined chairs, taking my hands in his and resting it on his knee.

"Master." I whisper, the word getting caught in my throat a little.

"What?" Kellin asked slightly confused from how inaudible I was.

"That's what Hunter called me, what has he been doing to my baby?"

Kellin brushed his fingers over my knuckles in a comforting manner, shushing me quietly. "I don't know Vic, I don't know."

"Do you think he's, you know." I start, tears building in my eyes. Kellin gave me his famous look of 'don't you dare.'

"Assaulted him?" I try to hold back the river in my eyes as I knew I couldn't cry in public, especially a place like this.

Kellin sat there in silence, pulling me into his body knowing that if he didn't, I'd become hysterical. "He's strong, smart and independent, he'll be okay."

"But..."

"He's okay." Kellin interrupts me briefly.

The police officer returns with steps of sorrow, a document in her right hand a photo in her other.

"Mr Fuentes and Mr Quinn," she called from the doorway. Kellin stood, pulling me from my seat.

I was hesitant as I walked to the interrogation room, though I'd do anything for Hunter. "We've found your son. Do you want to see a picture of him?" I simply nodded, too overwhelmed by my emotions.

She handed me a photo of Hunter, his blonde hair hung perfectly above his shoulder just like mine, his blue eyes that once were filled with happiness were now a never ending abyss of darkness and pain.

"This image of your son was posted to a site called 'Pics4you.' It's a sight where people would offer money and whoever bided the highest would win a 'prize.'"

Hatred filled my veins from the thought of some pedophile selling Hunter. "Are there any signs of misuse?" I ask, not wanting to associate a painful four letter word with my child.

"I'm sorry to tell you this, but we did find traces of sexual assault and mistreatment." The women said, her words slow.

I only stared at her as the tears uncontrollably fell to the table below us. "There's also this." She said grabbing a plastic sealed wallet and carefully giving it to me.

The bag contained a blue stuffed bear with one eye missing. It was the same bear I gave Hunter when he was first born.

I remember when I was pregnant, I would buy him a toy a month as I didn't have a lot of money. Though this toy stood out in particular, I brought it in the hospital shop shortly after giving birth. The nurses thought I was crazy because I was walking around 30 minuets later.

When I returned to my hospital bed, I saw Hunter sound asleep. I gently laid the stuffed animal next to him as he slept.

I never washed it because I always knew he'd want it back one day. But that day hasn't come, Hunter's missed out on his childhood and that's my main regret.

My eyes never left the bear as the woman explained the site, occasionally asking Kellin questions as I was daydreaming.

The bag also contained a lock of hair; baby hair. She handed it to me and I instantly knew what it was. It wasn't Hunter's the hair was raven black.

"This isn't Hunter's." I simply say as she looks at me.

"I know, it's the hair of a little girl. A young girl who died prematurely."

Kellin placed his arm over my shoulder as I gathered all of my thoughts. "Is there any reports on her, any idea who she was?" I asked seeming eager.

"I'm lead to believe that the hair belongs to your granddaughter." Kellin and I just sat there in silence, shocked at what we had just heard.

Hunter was pregnant, at 15.