Chapter 17: The Restaurant Scene

Ever since Hunter's been back, he's been very reserved. Of course that's to be expected and the police did tell Vic and I that he would act like this as it's a common conception in abduction cases. The boy portrays this behaviour frequently, which is understandable. Though, at the same time as his reserved mindset, Hunter's also relatively close minded. Although cooperative, he's shut himself from human contact, communication and civilization.

It's like he's broken.

We arrived at the restaurant around 15 minutes later. Vic, Hunter and I walked slowly to the double glass doors. Mike offered to look after Copeland as he knew that Hunter needed to get some things off his chest.

The waiter sat us down at our table before ordering our drinks and walking away. "What was it that you needed to tell us?" Vic questioned to his son softly.

"Well, I-It's about him."

Vic nodded, his eyes saddening at the statement.

"H-he locked me in a r-room and....let his friends t-touch me."

I grabbed his hands gently, rubbing my thumb against his bruised knuckles. "Did they hurt you?" Hunter nodded at my statement as tears gripped the corners of his eyes. "How?"

"Kell." Vic interrupted with a tone of authority. "You can't ask him that."

"We need to know so we can help him, just trust me." That was all I had to say for the father to allow me to continue. "Did they ever touch you inappropriately?"

Hunter nodded.

"Was it just touching or something more?"

His tears fell and all I could do was try to comfort him with my hands. "I l-lost my babies."

It was silent for a few moments before Vic spoke up. "Babies? The agent told us one."

The youngest boy shook his head. "Three."

"I'm gonna fucking kill him." Vic muttered under his breath in a fit of rage.

"Outside, now." I ordered to the other, knowing about his anger issues. Vic tried to argue back though I was quick to shut him down. "I said...out."

Vic nodded, rising from his seat, seeing the slight fear in his sons eyes. He felt incredibly guilty, but he knew Hunter would be okay with me.

Once Vic was outside, I turned my attention back to Hunter, he was frightful. "It's okay, he can get like that sometimes."

Hunter only nodded.

"I never got the chance to thank you for what you did." I spoke gently as his eyes locked with mine. "For caring for my baby, you're a hero."

He smiled lightly, wincing from the pain of his torn lip. "You're w-welcome."

"Hunter, I need to ask you something important and it may be uncomfortable but I need to know." He nodded. "How many times were you raped?"

The adolescents eyes watered, though my hand was quick to capture them. "I d-don't know."

****
I apologize for the short chapters but I'm working on it. Hope you enjoyed.