Chapter 8: Precious

"Hunter?" I gasped in shock and fear for what I was seeing before me.

"P-please help me. I'm s-so s-scared." Hunter pleaded, his eyes sailing in a sea of tears.

"It's okay baby. I promise that I'll do everything I can to save you, I'm not going to leave you a second time." I explain as best I could, trying to contain my voice from cracking.

"I'm s-sorry." Hunter cries. The scars on his face ripped my heart apart. His eyes were a deep shade of black and blue from defense, clothes torn and blood extruding from his cut lip.

"No tears, Hunt. You're so much stronger than I ever was. You'll get through this. Trust me, Kellin and I will stop at nothing to get the both of you home safely." I comfort my precious son.

"I'll l-look after the b-baby, I p-promise he won't t-touch her." Says Hunter, tearing up a little more.

"You're a good boy. Now promise me you'll be strong and don't fall for any of his tricks, okay?"

"I-I promise. I l-love you."

"I love you too, my baby boy."

"You shouldn't make promises you can't keep darling." Jamie smirks as he taps the gun on Hunter's knee causing him to flinch.

"Jamie, please don't hurt him, not my baby boy." I cry. I can hear Jamie's sardonic laughter echo through my vein, causing my blood to boil in anger.

"It's funny, I always thought it would be you who would pay the price." Jamie stated.

My heart melted as he said that. "What do you want, I'll do anything!" I cry, my voice laced with concern.

"I want an apology."

I looked at Kellin's phone witnessing the evil foresight. "For what? What did Hunter or I do?"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about, when they came and ripped our family apart."

I feel tears start to build in my eyes. "No they didn't. They removed Hunter from me because you were abusive and I was too young to raise him alone. Don't you dare pin this on social services. This was your fucking fault, no one else's." I scream becoming more impatient by the second.

"No, no, no. T-they came and took our son away and you did nothing to stop them." Jamie cried, tapping the gun on his forehead.

"Believe me if I could turn back time I would and stop all of this from happening. I'm so sorry baby." I say, hoping Jamie would buy what I'm saying, though I'm really talking to Hunter.

Suddenly I heard screaming, though I couldn't see it clearly. "That scream, it's Copeland." Kellin cries as he listened to his daughters cries for help.

"Please don't hurt my baby, I'll do anything. Anything." Kellin stammers out as words get stuck in his throat.

My eyes watched every movement on the screen. "Don't t-touch her. H-Hurt me instead, just l-leave her a-alone!" Hunter bellowed as he struggled with the ropes that bound his hands behind his back. Jamie picked Copeland off of the floor, walking out the room with her seconds later.

"Hunter look at me." Kellin started. "You need to escape, take Copeland with you when Jamie's asleep and scream. That's all you have to do, just scream." Kellin explained.

"I'll try, b-but he locks us in t-this room and..."

Kellin cut him off, "There's no trying about this, you have to do it. Please." Kellin pleaded at my little boy.

"Okay."

I passionately smiled at my son, proud of what his doing. "Tonight baby, you have to do it." I say quietly. Hunter simply nodded in response.

"Yes m-master."

Tears slipped past my eyes hearing him say that one word. "Y-you never have to call me that. I'm your dad, okay. Your dad."

Hunter smiled slightly, unable to fully due to the pain from the cuts on his lip. "D-d-daddy." He quietly said as his eyes met mine.

My heart fluttered when he called me that. That's the first time baby boy has ever called that one special word. Daddy.