Chapter 13: Tears

Vic's

Morning arose and so did Kellin. The sound of faint footsteps dancing down each step quietly awoke me from my not so comfortable slumber on the couch.

Currently, it was 5:24am, still dark and cold.

"Vic?" Whispered the boy in a monotone voice. The back of my palm rubbed my heavy, sleep deprived eyes.

"Why are you sleeping down here?"

I sat up pulling a special photo towards me. "I gave Hunter my bed. He has trouble sleeping after, y'know."

Kellin just simply nodded, a strong amount of empathy blanketing his green eyes. "Have you considered getting him medical help?"

I thought over what he said for a brief while. "What makes you say that, Kells?" I asked, slight pain lacing my words.

"Vic, he needs help. Mental help."

Anger boiled inside me as he said something could be wrong with with my baby, though I didn't act out on my actions.

Kellin kneeled beside me, placing his hand on my knee. "I know it's hard to think something is wrong with your child, but think about it Viccy." Tears started filling my eyes. "The same thing that happened to you, Hunter went through."

"Yeah." Was all I could muster.

"I'm sorry." I cry. "I should have been there sooner. I shouldn't of let them take him away." My tears fell on the photo in my hands.

"Don't blame yourself for this. It's not your fault." I nodded.

"Hunter needs you and you need him."

"What do I do?" I ask curiously.

Softness took over Kellin's eyes. "I'd say comfort him but that's up to you." He started. "You look after Hunter and I'll always be looking after you."

I wiped the fallen tears from my eyes and the photo. Without thinking, I leaned forwards looking the boy in his eyes.

My lips smashed against his in need and want. Kellin's hands fell to my chest, pushing me off. "I'm sorry."

"You need to focus on your son." He said calmly.

I mentally cried. "I want you though."

Kellin shifted, caressing my cheek with his thumb. "We'll talk about this later, okay."

I nodded. "You're not mad at me, are you?"

"I could never be mad at you Viccy."