Chapter 12: Hunter's Flashback

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT

Hunter's
My head rested against something soft, a feeling that I've never known before. It felt like I was flying and finally safe, though I know I'm not.

"Daddy's dead." He said as the blade ripped through my jeans. His cold, calloused hand pressed against my mouth preventing me from screaming. Tears filled my chocolate brown eyes like a river of memories that I long to forget.

I tossed and turned in my slumber, too scared to wake up. "No," I cried, wanting him to stop.

His hand travelled up my thin chest as he scratched at my already exposed skin. "Please s-stop." It was no use, my words surrender me helpless as he continued his unwanted touch on me.

"W-who are you?" My words stammered, trying not to break. His sardonic eyes lined mine with fear, tearing through veins and chest.

"No!" I plead defenselessly. "Not my baby."

I couldn't stop him as he plunged the knife into my lower stomach, the sound of my heartbeat ripped me apart before he pulled the cold, bloody dagger out.

My fragile body tossed and my hands simultaneously threw themselves forwards, trying to block his lashes.

Suddenly, I felt something warm cupping my bruised wrists, holding me gently. My eyes creek open slightly, just enough for me to see what resembled a figure of a man.

I tried to scurry backwards, though his grip kept me in place. "D-don't hurt me! I want d-daddy!" I screamed and cried, every muscle in my body trying to pull away from his grip.

"Shh, it's okay baby. It's me, daddy." Came his soft voice, his thumb brushing against my knuckles in attempts to calm me down.

I manage to control my breathing and open my tear filled eyes fully. The sight that met me was the most beautiful thing I've seen in a long time.

Hair the same length as mine, eyes matching my coloured ones and skin a tanned shade. "D-daddy?"

He nodded pulling me in for in a hug. I was hesitant for a brief moment as I wasn't use to physical contact. The only time I was touched by someone else was when Jamie beat me and raped me.

"You has a nightmare, baby." Daddy says calmly, I allowed myself to rest against his chest, his fingers gently caressing my cheek. He pulled away with one hand to grab something.

"W-What's t-that?" I asked, getting caught on my words, not because of fear but because of my stammer.

Daddy hands me a light blue object with a collar on it. It was sown and black in colour with the word 'Hunter' embroidered in.

"Remember this?" Daddy asks in a monotone voice.

I shake my head.

"It's your stuffy, I got you it when you were just born. I've kept it all these years in hopes you'd want it back.

I took the toy from daddy's hands, looking at it immensely. "I r-r-remember." A smile crept into daddy's plump, pink lips.

His smile made me complement him, edging one into my own face. This was the first genuine smile in years for me.

"I love you baby." Daddy says as he pulls away.

"I l-love you t-too." Daddy's eyes met mine before I fell back into his secure arms, making me feel safe.

Is this what you call a family?

*
A/N: It's short, I know but you guys deserved something. Do you have any questions about the story so far? Anyways I hope you enjoyed.