Chapter 7: Frantic

Vic's POV

"Vic, wake up!" I hear someone scream at me. "Wake up." I hear again only this time louder.

My eyes snap open to be met by Kellin whose eyes were floating in a sea of tears. Immediately, I pull myself from my slumber to sit up straight.

"Kell, what's wrong?" I ask, a tone of concern lacing my words.

Through quiet sobs he manages to mutter a few words, though I can't quite hear them. "Kells, look at me. Breathe in and out." I instruct doing as I said myself.

Once Kellin's breathing has calmed down I asked him again what was wrong.

"Copeland. She's gone. Vic I can't find her," he cries.

"What do you mean?"

Kellin wiped away the fallen tears from his cheeks. "I went to check on her this morning and she just vanished."

I hushed him, pulling his head to my chest. "My sweet baby, help me find her Vic."

"I will. I will." I reply in a soothing manner.

"Promise me you'll find her." He stutters out, pulling away from my chest.

"I promise." I lay Kellin down on our before stroking his face softly. "Get some rest, everything will be okay." I coo.

Kellin sat up slightly before I pushed him back down. "No, I have to find her. She needs her dad." He argues back, though I'm not going to let him win.

His head sinks into my pillow as he lays back down. "You've has a little shock. Just rest and try to take your mind off of all this misunderstanding." Kellin nodded in agreement, I knew he was physically and emotionally exhausted.

I looked at the fatigue boy whose pale skin was disintegrating, hair tangling and breathing uneasy.

Knowing that I don't have a lot of time, I quickly write a note in my diary that read;

'Gone to the police station. Call if you need me xx.'

I left the note on the bedside table before grabbing my phone in an state of hurry as I ran out of the front door, quietly shutting it behind me.

My footsteps were quick, almost perfectly matching my heartbeats. The police station was only a few blocks away so I decided to leg it.

I ran as fast as my feet would carry me until I stood outside a tall building with a blue sign and white writing.

The moment I walked in, I was greeted by a sense of uneasiness. The hairs on the back of my neck rose and my pants evened out. "What can I help you with?" Asked the blonde lady dressed in a simple white outfit.

"I'd like to speak to the highest officer there is." I say, trying not to slip on my words.

"Okay sir, take a seat and I'll call you shortly."

"Thanks." I simply reply before sitting next to a woman who looked to be in her 40's.

It was quiet for a couple of moments before she spoke. "What are you here for then?"

I glanced at her briefly as I thought through what to say back. "Filing a missing persons report. You?"

Her face changed from an expression of curiosity to sadness. "I've been called on for questioning. My son was murdered a few days ago and they think o know something."

"I'm so sorry." My voice softened.

"Thanks, the police said that his face was beaten so badly and his body was burnt that the only way the could recognize him was through dental records." She added calmly.