Let Her Go

Three days. I lasted three days until Stefan and Damon's calls got too annoying to ignore anymore. Hell, even Caroline called me. And after listening to their messages, I knew it was time to return to Mystic Falls. Reluctantly, I wished my friends goodbye. They made me promise to keep in touch. I said my goodbyes to New York and got in my car, bringing me to my presently boring drive back to Mystic Falls. The messages on my phone were enough to catch me up on what I've missed. Apparently, a hunter has come to town, asking questions about the fire that killed all of The Council, shot Tyler at the funeral for victims of the fire, and just generally causing chaos. Of course my brothers' main concern was the fact that Elena was still adjusting to being a vampire, which means now is an awful time for a hunter to come around. Damon's latest voicemail, which was quite bitter, informed me that he and Klaus had teamed up to kill the hunter, but he was just informed that he is still alive. So, here I come, ready to help save the day. Just call me Wonder Woman...ugh!

Pulling into the driveway of the boarding house, I park my car and jump out. I swing open the front door and just my luck, there stands Damon and Stefan. "So nice of you to answer your phone," Damon greets me, looking back at the box he was going through.

I straighten my lips, crossing my arms over my chest. "Nice to see you too." I roll my eyes, meeting Stefan's gaze. He nods in my direction. I return in. "So fill me in Bro, what's the newest update?" I walk to Damon's side, Stefan a step behind me. "What's in the box?" I ask as Damon takes stuff out of it. Stefan begins to pick some of the items up, looking at them.

"Some personal items that I snaked from the vampire hunter's RV. May he rest in peace. I'm searching for a supernatural handbook," Damon answers.

"And you know for a fact that he was supernatural?" Stefan questions, fiddling with some glass thing.

Damon looks to him, pulling out some science-mixing thing and handing it to me before going back to the box. I frown at it. "Definitely wasn't natural. The guy magically appeared just as someone blows up the entire Founders Council." I place the science thing down on the table, continuing to listen to Damon. "He's covered in a tattoo that only Jeremy Gilbert - of all people in the world - seems to be able to see. Klaus mentioned something about him being one of The Five." I tense up. "Then he kamikazes himself with explosives. Sound natural to you?"

"What's The Five?" Stefan asks. I sigh, drawing both of my brother's attention. Stefan frowns at me, reading my expression. "What do you know?"

I bite my lip. "Not much, but what I do know isn't good."

"Well anything would be good right now, we need to know more about this guy. He-" Damon is cut off as his phone rings. He pulls it out, glancing at who's calling and then answers it. "Liz Forbes, my favorite sheriff." We all keeping fiddling with items from the box. "What?" Damon asks. I glance at him, a frown stretches his lips. "That's...concerning. Keep me posted." He hangs up. Stefan and I share a look as he continues going through the hunter's things like nothing ever happened.

"What? You're not gonna share?" I furrow my brows at my oldest brother.

Damon raises his brows at me, his lips scrunching together. "I would sis, but it'll have to be later. I can't tell Stefan."

"And why not?" I question, glancing at Stefan before looking back to Damon.

"Cause we're in a fight." He shrugs.

Stefan sighs, rolling his eyes. "You're in a fight. I'm not in a fight, I'm over it, I've been over it."

"Not still mad at me about Elena?"