I Love You

Loud music wakes me from my sleep. With a groan and a stretch, I'm out of bed. After everything that happened last night, all I really want is some peace and quiet, but apparently, my wish hasn't manifested yet. After dressing, I stumble down the stairs. The sight I come across has me frowning in confusion. Bon Jovi blares through out living room, and a blonde-haired girl is dancing radically to it. Meanwhile, my brothers, both with a drink in hand, nod their heads along to the music.

"What the hell?" My exclamation has the three turning to look to me. "What is going on? Who is she?" I gesture to the blonde who has stopped dancing. Damon is quick to shut off the music. "Did you two hire a stripper?"

Stefan bursts out laughing while Damon shakes his head slightly to himself.

"Did your sister just seriously call me a stripper?" The blonde looks to Stefan before laughing with him.

My frown deepens. What the hell is going on here? How does she know who I am?

Damon meets with my eyes with mild annoyance in them. "Don't be bothered by them, Lilybug. These two have decided that getting drunk is the best way to deal with the veil still being opened."

His words cause me pause. "T-the veil is still open?" My chest seems to grow heavy as thoughts of Henry enter my mind. If the veil is still open that means he can still get to me and... "Stefan." Hie eyes dance over mine, and from the glaze of them, I can tell he's heavily intoxicated. "Stefan," I repeat, stepping in front of him. "What'd you do with...with his body?"

Something in my voice must break him out of his stupor for a minute as he blinks at me. "Cement burial. Did the same for Kol."

"Wait, Kol's back!" A gasp falls from my lips.

"Yes, and he tried to kill Elena last night," Damon answers. "Alaric and Jeremy are back too."

I consider this. So, the other side is still down. Henry is back. Alaric, Jeremy, and Kol are back. That must mean...

I look up at the blonde girl. "You're from the other side then?"

She grins at me, holding out her hand for me to shake. "I'm Lexi, Stefan's insanely, awesome best friend." I hum in response, shaking her hand.

"I'm L-"

"Lily. I know. You're Stefan's twin sister, who everyone thought was dead. But then you surprised both your brothers by showing up alive and a vampire. Then, they found out you know the Mikaelsons, have a thing with Klaus, blah, blah, blah. Trust me, I know it all."

I frown at how easy I've been summed up, but it's not like she's wrong. Shrugging, I return the smile Lexi sends me. Then, I turn to address my brothers. "For my own clarity, let me make sure I have this right. Bonnie never closed the veil, and we don't know why. And somehow everyone else got back someone they loved dearly and I got Henry? Fuck me."

Stefan smirks at me. "I don't know, Lils. He did love you." I glare at him, picking up a pillow from the couch next to me and chucking it at him.

"Fuck you, Stefan."

He merely cackles at this. I roll my eyes, looking to Damon. "Is he really that drunk?"

"I don't know Mom, am I?" Stefan replies instead. This time Damon rolls his eyes along with me.

...

With this new information about Kol being back, I go looking for him. I begin this search of mine for 2 reasons: 1)I miss him, and I want to see him and 2)If he tried to kill Elena then he's angry and back for revenge which never ends up well for anyone. After searching Mystic Falls for an hour, I find him around the high school.