The Great Klaus Mikaelson

I walk around the Boarding House, slowly picking up all the cups and trash that litter the floor. Ugh, how'd I get stuck doing this? Where are my brothers? Why aren't they helping? Better yet, why isn't anyone forcing Elena to pick up her mess? As I pick up another cup, adding it to the trash bag I drag behind me, I hear someone approach.

Turning around, I glare when I find Klaus in front of me. His eyes dance around the room, taking in the state of it, before they find me. I scowl, "What the hell are you doing here?"

He curls his lips at my tone as he shoves his hands into the back pockets of his jeans. "Lily," he says like he's approaching a predator, cautious and gentle.

"No. Don't start with me," I spit at him, my voice sharp. His hands are thrown up in a mock surrender as his lips slide upward ever so slightly. The action pisses me off more. "Don't you have a werewolf to entertain, or are there more women for you to screw over around here?" I flash him a bitter smile and I step away from him, grabbing three more solo cups on my way.

I hear him release a long breath behind my back. "Lily, if you'd only let me explain-"

"Explain?" I turn on him fast, my eyes wide. "I gave you a chance, last night. All you proved is that you have no problem lying to me." Throwing the trash bag to the ground, I cross my arms over my chest. "I thought we were starting anew. Offering my friendship, that was my olive branch and you threw it back it my face."

"Lily."

"No!" My arms fall to my side. Hands curling into fists, I stare him down as I step closer to him. "Forget the fact that I was stupid enough to sleep with you. Friends don't lie, and you did. And just when I thought I could maybe start trusting you again."

His eyes soften as he takes me in. My words have hit him. I can tell from the way his bottom lip juts out just ever so slightly and the skin around his eyes crinkle in the corners. Good. Now, maybe he can start understanding how much he hurt me. "Can you honestly look me in the eye and tell me that nothing happened with Hayley?"

Klaus is quick to avoid my gaze, but not before I catch a hint of guilt in them. And though I didn't know it in the moment, I think a piece of my heart splintered. Glancing at the ground, I bite my lip. Then, looking at him again I make sure my face is blank, giving nothing away. "Yeah, that's what I thought." Shaking my head, I frown at him. "Just leave, Klaus. Go away and leave me alone." My voice is tired. There's no point in being angry any more. He's admitted enough and it's over, whatever 'this' was, so why waste my time caring about it anymore.

"Actually," a voice drawls out from the side of me. Turning my head, I find Stefan standing in the hall outside the living room. "I asked him to be here. We need his help. I think Silas is in Mystic Falls."

"What?" I question my brother, eyes narrowed. Klaus...helping us...yeah right.

"Sheriff Forbes called me last night. She said that there have been reports of six other blood bank thefts all within 30 miles of Mystic Falls. Somebody's stockpiling blood. Grove Hill's supply was stolen last night when Elena was with me. So, it wasn't Elena, and it's not us..." Stefan trails off.

I drop the trash bag, giving up on cleaning, as I look to my brother. "So, you think it's Silas? That he followed you off the island?" Crossing my arms over my chest, I frown.

Stefan nods. "He hasn't fed in 2000 years, so he would need to gorge on blood. It explains the thefts."

Klaus sighs, drawing our attention as he pours himself a drink from our bar cart. "Well, let's say for a moment that it was Silas. I'm struggling to see how this affects me." He falls down on our couch, making himself at home. I roll my eyes.