Promise Me

Damon parks the car on the side of the road, and we all step out. Following Stefan and Damon, we make our way to Damon's baby blue Camaro, or his 'baby' as he calls it. Said car lover is carrying two jugs of gasoline in his hands as he mutters to us. "If they so much as even scratched the paint on my car..."

"Well, just be grateful Sheriff Forbes was able to track down the car after you let them, ah, you know, steal it from you." Stefan smiles at our eldest brother, poking fun at him. Apparently, while they were in New York, Elena and Rebekah tricked Damon and stole his car and some list he had gotten as a lead on Katherine.

Jess informed me that the three mainly spent their time in New York at Billy's, an old grunge club near the warehouse district notorious for its owner and his talent for getting supernaturals a new identity. So, Damon knew Will then. Jess did some snooping and found out that they were pretty good friends and Billy's was where Damon spent most of his time in the 70s. Of course, I didn't share my newest revelations with Stefan nor did I enlighten Damon about having him spied on. Some things are better just kept to yourself.

"Remind me to send her some mini-muffins." Damon rolls his eyes at Stefan before looking down at the gas in his hands. "Do we really need ten gallons of gas, or are you making me just lug this around as punishment?"

"Well, they ditched your car after it ran out of fuel. You gotta fill it up. Got a hundred miles before we get to Willoughby," Stefan tells Damon as we saunter over to Damon's car.

"Yeah, well I don't remember that name from the list of places I got from New York," Damon grits, trying to brush off Stefan's teasing about Elena and Rebekah pulling one over him.

"Oh, the list? The list they stole from right under your nose, after you let your guard down?" Stefan questions sarcastically as we reach the trunk of Damon's car. Damon leans down to begin fueling the car as Stefan and I stand over him. "They'll be there. Sheriff Forbes tracked down the car they stole after yours."

"Screw the muffins. I'll get her champagne, if Elena is wherever it may be."

"Willoughby. Creamed corn capital of Pennsylvania." Stefan smiles at our brother with all the sass in the world. I bite my lip to hold back a laugh. I missed this...the teasing, the fun, the humor. "They'll be there. Let's just hope we get to them before they get to the cure."

"Ooh, silver lining: if Rebekah takes the cure, then she's mortal and we can just kill her right then and there."

"Ooh, dark cloud," Stefan mocks Damon, "Elena stays a vampire forever. Look, why don't you just table the revenge fantasies for now, and just keep your eye on the prize. Find Katherine, get the cure, get out before you get your neck snapped..again." This time I can't hold my amusement back as I let out a giggle at Stefan's snark.

"Believe me, I learned my lesson. Elena without humanity is a stone-cold bitch, and I won't trust her until we get the old Elena back." I roll my eyes at Damon's proclamation, yeah right! Elena is his weakness. That's how he got his car stolen in the first place.

"Look at that. We're finally on the same page about something."

"Look at that," Damon echos Stefan, throwing his hand up in a noncommittal shrug.

My phone starts buzzing in my hand. With a sigh, I glance down to find Klaus calling me...again! I swear this is like the tenth call in the last hour. Can't he take a hint. Damon scowls at me. "Okay, I had to listen to that thing go off the whole way here, so either answer it or silence it." I glare at Damon as I ignore the call. "Who's trying to reach you anyways?"