Reflection

I walk down the stairs to find Stefan and Damon throwing a football back and forth. Ever since Elena threatened to hurt people if they kept trying to force her to take the cure, they've backed off and have been conflicted with what to do next. However, I suspect that they're still plotting something.

        When I reach the bottom of the stairs, Damon throws the football he just caught at me. I catch it and look back at him with a glare. After the whole Klaus thing, I haven't been in the best of moods lately, which Stefan and Damon have started noticing.

        "Um, are you okay?" Damon speaks up, grabbing my attention. I shoot him a look.

        "Yeah," I drag out, confused by his question. "Why?"

        "Well, you're wearing yellow." I raise my eyebrow at his odd statement, glancing down at my yellow and white stripped t-shirt. Lifting my head, I shoot him a look to go on "Yellow is for happy people, which you are not," he says. I scoff at his comment, throwing the football at his face. Unfortunately, he sees this coming as he catches it before it can hit him.

        "Screw you." I turn around to stomp back up the stairs, planning on hiding out in my room as I've been doing.

        "Lily! Wait!" Stefan calls after me. I groan before turning to face him. "We still need to talk," Stef says, shooting me a look that lets me know what he's going on about: the herbs. So far with the whole Elena thing going on, I've managed to avoid this conversation, but I guess Stefan being Elena-less has reminded him of it.

        "Yeah, we do." Damon states, pulling me out of my thoughts. I furrow my brow at him, what? "We need to talk about why you've been so mopey lately." I roll my eyes at his words.

        "I'm not mopey." I sigh, too tired for Damon's questions.

        "Really? Because I'm pretty sure that non-mopey people leave their rooms, talk to people, and eat or in your case drink," Damon insists.

        Stepping toward him, I scowl. "I just came from my room, I'm talking to you right now, and oh look," I walk towards our table full of alcohol. Picking up a bottle of bourbon, I chug it. "I just drank." I put the empty bottle back on the table before crossing my arms and smirking at Damon.

        He scoffs. "Smart-ass!" He exclaims. "And that was my favorite you just chugged like a college freshman." I shrug in response, watching my brothers resume their game of 'Catch.' "You know you're gonna have to talk to us one of these days, Lilybug. Like really talk to us. How much longer are you going to go on pretending that everything's alright?"

        I pause at Damon's words. What?

        Stefan seems to feel the same. When he catches the ball next, he holds onto it, staring at Damon with the same questioning look I am sure is on my face. Damon glances between us. "What?" When neither of us speak and continue to stare, he shakes his head. "Oh c'mon you two, give me some credit. I've been your older brother for over a century now. No matter how much you've grown up, I can still tell when you two are keeping a secret from me. The fights you've had lately, the looks you've shared, something is up. I just want to know what." Damon's sharp blue eyes fall onto me. I frown. He's right, he does deserve more credit. But also, it's not like Stefan has ever really been able to hide how he feels about a situation. If he had just stayed out of my business, none of this would be happening.

        "Fine." Crossing my arms over my chest, I watch Stefan's eyes flash with surprise. "You want to know why Stefan and I were fighting?" Damon nods. Tensing my shoulders in preparation of his reaction, I straighten myself to my full height. "When Elena killed Connor, I knew she would be affected by the hunter's curse. I didn't remember right away, but I knew. I knew what the hunter's curse would do to her."