The Reason Why

I spent the night at a bar a couple towns away. Kol's words had shaken something within me. I've never seen him like that before. I don't know, maybe we should be scared of this Silas. With a huff, I push the thought out of my mind, walking into the Boarding House. As I step through the front door, an uneasy feeling settles itself in my stomach. "Stefan? Damon?" I call out.

        No reply, but movement in the basement catches my attention. Heading down the stairs I find Stefan and...Klaus? What the hell? My facial expression must say as much as Klaus smirks at me. "Hello, Love."

        My eyes flick from him to Stefan and then to the cell they stand beside. The cell in which my other brother is currently imprisoned in. I frown, looking to Damon. "What happened?"

        Damon sighs. "Oh, you know, got compelled by Kol to kill Jeremy, so good ole Stefan here is starving me."

        My eyes close for a second as I breathe in deep. So that's what Kol did. Turning my gaze to Klaus, I ask my brothers, "And what's he doing here?"

        Klaus grins at me. "Babysitting."

        I raise a brow at him, crossing my arms. "You, really?" He responds with a tight-lipped smirk.

        "Yes, him," Stefan replies, causing me to look to him. When our gazes lock together, something pulls in my gut at the hard stare he regards me with. Does he really hate me that much? Is our relationship really that far gone? The moment passes as Stefan blinks, facing Klaus. "Give him a vial of blood every couple of hours, so he doesn't desiccate." Stefan hands Klaus a few vials. Klaus looks over them once in his grip. "If he gets too much strength back, or if he just annoys you, bleed him out again."

        I flinch at his harsh tone. Last time I checked, the two were working things out. Damon grips onto the bars of the door, raising a brow at our brother. "Silent treatment, huh? Is that your best shot?" He turns his gaze onto Klaus. "He's still pissed at me for sleeping with Elena," he explains. His tone more in line with telling a joke than apologizing.

        "You sure about that? 'Cause I saw him trying to sneak out of Rebekah's bed this morning, which would suggest to me that he's moved on." At Klaus's words, I gasp. Ew! Stefan and Rebekah. Gross, gross, gross, gross, and gross!

        Stefan sighs. "Well, well," Damon tsks. "Looks like my brother ripped out a page of my revenge-sex handbook." I scrunch my face at his words.

        "Ew, Dames." I shake my head. "Just ew." Damon flashes me a grin, winking in my direction. I curl my lips in disgust.

        Stefan straightens from his leaning position against the wall. "Well, why don't you two enjoy your little, uh, villain bonding time? I'll let you know when I get the dagger from Rebekah." He turns, passing me as he heads upstairs. My head turns to watch him go, frowning. When I glance back to Klaus and Damon, I find them both watching me.

        "Yeah, no way I'm sticking around to witness this chaos," I gesture between them. "Bye!" I spin on my heel, ready to follow Stefan when Klaus's touch on my elbow stops me.

        "Wait," he mutters. I turn around and face him, exasperated. His eyes flash to my brother, who watches our interaction with curiosity shining in his eyes, then back to mine. He clears his throat, pushing back his shoulders. "I thought that we could speak about yesterday."

        Dread floods my veins. Oh no! There is no way I'm talking about what shouldn't have happened and also not with my brother right there. Hell to the no! "Klaus," I whisper, ignoring Damon's eyes burning into my skin. "There's nothing to talk about."