Ruined

My eyes flutter open as I feel the sun's heat upon my skin. Yawning, I stretch, sitting up. Wait, this isn't my bed. I look around the room. This isn't my room. It's only when my eyes land on Klaus's sleeping figure next to me that last night returns to me...

I slept with Klaus.

I groan internally, I can't believe that I actually slept with him. Add this to the growing checklist of stupid things I've done.

Watching as his chest rises and falls, I take it as my cue to slip out of the bed. Hopefully, I can be gone before he wakes. As I head towards his bathroom, collecting my bra and underwear along the way, I grab a plain black shirt from his dresser drawer. Plain colored t-shirts in the the top right drawer...some things never change.

Entering the bathroom, I shimmy into my bra and underwear, throwing Klaus's shirt over my head. I turn on the sink, leaning over it to splash some water on my face. I know that if I want to make my escape, it needs to be soon, but I couldn't resist the wake up call the cold water brings me. As it touches my skin, each chill down my spine reprimands me for being so stupid for coming to Klaus. And not even coming to him, but sleeping with him!

With a sigh, I raise my head, reaching out with my hand to grab for the hand towel, but as I do my vision blurs. I stumble. My elbow slams into the vanity as I begin to fall. However, I quickly grab onto the edges of the vanity to stabilize myself. Though my lack of grace seems to have alerted my companion as I hear the footsteps approaching the bathroom door.

"You alright in there, Love?" Klaus's voice calls through the door.

A throbbing in my head stops me from answering. My blood rushes in my ears, and I start to see black spots. My lungs fall and expand rapidly as I start to cough. I squeeze tighter onto the vanity as the coughs rack my body and my legs seem to give. Suddenly, I feel light. Light enough to float if it wasn't for the pulsing of my heartbeat in my mind, bouncing off my skull.

There's a knock at the door. "Lily? Are you okay in there?"

A bitter copper taste overwhelms my mouth. I cough and cough, leaning over the sink. Blinking between the blackness, I look at the red color that stains Klaus's otherwise perfectly white sink. Oh no, this isn't good.

"Lily?" His tone is more frantic, no doubt he can hear how fast my heart races and how guttural my cough is. "Lily, if you don't tell me what's going on, I'm coming in."

This time when the lightness whips through me, it's strong enough to bring me to my knees. My head hits the cabinet of the vanity and soon I'm falling onto my right side. I can feel blood drip down from my nose as my body starts to shake.

"I'm serious, Liliana! Tell me what's happening!" I can barely hear Klaus pounding at the door over the pounding in my head. "Lily!"

The door bursts open behind me as another round of coughs courses through me. A cold sweat breaks out on my forehead as my body convulses with each hack of my throat. More blood stains Klaus's bathroom, but this time his crisp, white, tiled floor is the one tarnished. Footsteps stop behind me. I can feel his eyes on me, watching as I suffer.

I can only imagine what he's thinking...

His hand falls onto my back, another scrapes my hair away from my face as he crouches in front of me. His eyes are wide with fear and concern. "Liliana..." he whispers, "what's happening?"

I blink, trying to meet his eyes, but a flare of pain shoots through my head. I scream, gripping it. Klaus's arms immediately surround me, pulling me to his side. I fall against his chest as I continue to shake, breathing deeply. I tilt my head back, looking up at him. "St..efan.." I manage to breathe out. My voice is so quiet, so weak. "Stef..an."