Grim Defeat Part 1

Professor Dumbledore sent all the Gryffindors back to the great hall, where they were joined a few minutes later by students from Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin, who all looked very confused as to what was going on. "(Y/N), the teachers, and I need to conduct a thorough search of the castle. I'm afraid that, for your own safety, you will have to spend the night here. I want prefects to stand guard over the entrances to the hall and for the Head Boy and Head Girl in charge. Any disturbance shall be reported to me immediately. And (Y/N)," He said, looking to his granddaughter and he was met with the intense gaze of her mask, "Once your done patrolling, I want your doubles to guard the entrances to the castle, nobody in nobody out, and you yourself will stay here in the great hall. Do you understand?" She nodded and a symbol formed on her hands and a few moments later, there were dozens of (Y/N)'s in front of them and they all split up in different directions, while the original (Y/N) stayed put in the great hall.

Symbol

        Before everyone had gone to bed, a lot of little first and second years had requested that (Y/N) sing them a lullaby

Before everyone had gone to bed, a lot of little first and second years had requested that (Y/N) sing them a lullaby. "I don't know, wouldn't that disturb the others?" She asked, trying to avoid singing. Now that she said that, everyone seemed to be looking at her expectantly. She let out a sigh, "Fine, but I'm not happy about it." She told them and sat down on the steps that led to the teacher's platform.

All Our Days (feat. Casey Lee Williams) by Jeff Williams

Long ago, before we met,
I dreamed about you.
The peace you'd bring.
The songs we'd sing.
The way you'd make things new.

Then one day, you arrived.
I heard your angel cry.
Helpless, small, and perfect,
Welcome to your life.

And on that day, I made a vow.
Whispered and true.
No matter what, no matter how,
I made this promise to you.

I will cling, I will clutch,
I'll hold onto you, I won't turn away.
I won't leave, I won't go,
I will stay with you all our days.

Years of joy have passed since then.
With time I've seen you grow.
Watched you play, new each day.
I begged the time to slow.

And though I miss the little girl,
You've made me awful proud.
Funny how our lives change,
'Cause you're my hero now.

But things in life will rearrange.
Friends come and go.
Don't ever doubt, don't ever fear,
I'm always here and you know.

I will cling, I will clutch,
I'll hold onto you, I won't turn away.
I won't leave, I won't go,
I will stay with you all our days.

When (Y/N) finished singing, she looked around to see everyone asleep, except the prefects and Head Boy and Head Girl. She walked over to each of her friends sleeping bags and layed down a necklace of which house they were in. As she finished she smiled to herself 'Maybe my luck isn't so bad to have ended up with friends like them.' She thought to herself as she walked out of the room to go patrolling.