Snape's Grudge

Nobody in the Gryffindor tower slept that night. They knew the whole castle was being searched again. They all stayed awake in the common room, waiting to hear whether Black had been caught but Professor McGonagall came back at dawn to tell them that he had yet again escaped.

Throughout the day, they noticed signs of higher security, Professor Flitwick was teaching the doors how to recognize a large picture of Sirius Black, Filch was suddenly bustling all along the corridors boarding up everything from tiny cracks in the walls to mouse holes.

Sir Cadogan had been fired. The Fat Lady was back but nervous and on one condition that she had extra protection. Burly trolls were hired to guard her and exchanged grunts on whose club was bigger. And (Y/N) seemed to be training a lot harder than usual for at one point, some people had seen her in the courtyard punching a punching bag but there were dozens of others on the ground with holes in them, and at another point dodging the womping willows limbs and ultimately succeeding.

Ron had become an instant celebrity. For the first time in his life, people were paying more attention to him than to Harry, and it was clear that he was rather enjoying the experience. Though still severely traumatized by the night's events, he was happy to tell anyone who asked what had happened, with a wealth of detail. Although (Y/N) found Ron's behavior severely amusing.

"...I was asleep, and I heard this ripping noise, and I thought it was in my dream, you know? But then there was a draft...I woke up and on one side of the hangings on my bed had been pulled down...I rolled over...and I saw him standing over me...like a skeleton, with loads of filthy hair...holding this great long knife, must've been twelve inches...and he looked at me, and I looked at him, and then I yelled, and then he scampered."

Ron told the story of the night and (Y/N) was sitting there too, an amused smile on her face as she drank from her flask, she heard Luci trying to grab at her flask so she rolled her eyes and gave it to him with a mocking smile. She felt Fea nuzzle her cheek and (Y/N) absentmindedly stroked the creature.

"Why though?" Rob added to her as the group of second-year girls who had been listening to his chilly tale departed. "Why did he run?" She just shrugged her shoulders.

She had been wondering the same thing. Why had Black, gotten the wrong bed, silence Ron and continue to Harry. She would've gotten that if it were her or one of the professors but a third-year student? It just didn't make any sense. Black had proved twelve years ago that he didn't mind murdering innocent people, and this time, he had been facing five unarmed boys, four of which were asleep.

"Must've known it would've been harder to get out of the castle when you woke everyone up," (Y/N) thought aloud. "I mean he would've had to kill the whole house, including me, to get back through the portrait hole, then he'd be faced by the professors." She finished.

Neville was in total disgrace. McGonagall was so furious with him that she had banned him from all future Hogsmeade visits, given him detention, and forbid anyone from giving him the passwords to getting into the Gryffindor tower. Poor guy, he has to wait for someone to let him in with those trolls out there with him. None of those punishments could compare to the one his grandmother had in mind though, the worst thing you could get, a Howler.

(Apparently, when one of my teachers went to school, if their teachers found a note on the floor, they would read it aloud to the class, so what he would do is write "love letters" from his friends to the girls that he knew they hated and make sure the teacher read it aloud. Pretty funny right? Not gonna lie, sounds like something I'd do.)

The school owls swooped into the Great Hall, carrying mail as usual, and Neville chocked up once a huge barn owl landed in front of him, a scarlet envelope clutched in its beak. Harry and Ron, who were sitting opposite of him recognized the letter immediately, a Howler. Ron had gotten one from his mother a year before, as we all might remember.