Arguing Like A Married Couple

The students had been ushered back inside and were waiting patiently when they heard footsteps approaching the Great Hall's door busted open and two lines on opposite sides marched in and walked towards the end and someone was walking at the front of each line, playing Yankee Doodle on a flute. Once they were near the teacher's table, they turned ninety degrees and all saluted, standing at attention. They heard two sets of footsteps before a man dressed in green walked forward. He was using a cane with an intricately carved white handle while the rest was black. A woman draped in a white cloak was striding beside him. She had her hood down to reveal smooth pale skin, short graying black hair tipped in red, and dull silver eyes that sparkled with wisdom. That's when Harry, Ron, and Hermoine realized that it was Thorn.

Once they got to the end of the lines, the man nodded and all the saluting students went towards the area that had been set up for them. They heard more chattering before people sprinted in the hall followed with people flipping or cartwheeling in along with blue, white, silver, and red sparks surrounding some. They all turned towards the students and bowed before rushing towards the area where the other Ilvermorny students were. The students from the other students marveled at their performance but not before they heard shouting really loud shouting.

And in came (Y/N) and (C/N), both arguing at the top of their lungs. They heard (Y/N) scoff, "Oh please! I let you borrow my staff for a reason! To stay back in America and protect Ilvermorny from grimm attacks! You're arrogant, idiotic, and stubborn! Besides, I did most of the fighting. And even then I had to save your butt from being eaten by a giant flying lizard!" She shouted. "Seriously. I think the words that describe me are cool, awesome, and clever!" He shouted, not really helping his argument. She rose an eyebrow at him, "The words I'm searching for, I can't say because there are children present." She told him, nodding at a little girl from Beauxbaton.

When they growled at each other again, the Headmaster of Ilvermorny came and split the two of them. "Would you two stop fighting. (Y/N) is right (C/N), you should've stayed in America," He said turning towards the boy who looked away but nodded, "and (Y/N), you should try to not let your temper affect you so easily like it has these past few months." He told, "Yes grandpa Oscar." She told him. You see, he was her grandfather on her father's side.

Oscar sighed, "You two argue like a married couple." He stated simply, a small smile on his face. "What? Me? With him/her?" The asked pointing to each other then looking at each other, "Ewwwwwww!" They said, taking a step away from the other. The man rolled his eyes before ruffling his granddaughter's already wild hair and directed them to the table. But as they went towards their separate friend groups, they gave each other the 'I'm watching you' sign, making the man role his eyes again.

Finally, Dumbledore approached the man, "Headmaster Sayre! It's good to see you old friend!" He said as he patted Oscar on the back. "Please Dumbledore, I thought I told you to call me Oscar!" He told the older man, a smile gracing his features.

Time Skip

After the professors reunited or met each other, Dumbledore decided it was time for another song. The Hogwarts students didn't see why they'd have to perform their song again and the other schools had inwardly groaned. At least, until he said it would be Ilvermorny performing. The schools were interested in what their song would be so they all sat in silence as they all stood up and the song began.

Thunderbird students: caw-caw, caw-caw

Wampus students: Purrr, Purrr

Horned serpents and Pukwudgies students: *stomp three times*

All: We stand as one united,
Against the Puritan.
We draw our inspiration
From good witch Morrigan.

For she was persecuted
By common wandless men.
So she fled from distant Ireland,
And so our school began.

Oh! Ilvermorny-Massachusetts!
We choo-choose it!
We choo-choose it!
The wizard school supreme.

Your castle walls, they kept us safe.
The days with you, a dream
You taught us all our magic
And now one thing's quite clear

Where'er we roam
Where'er we roam
Our one true home
Our one and own

Is Ilvermorny dear!

The other schools found themselves quite enjoying the Ilvermorny song. It was certainly a lot more pleasing than Hogwarts, but maybe it's because it was a new song.