Grim Defeat Part 2

After Snape had informed Dumbledore that Black wasn't anywhere to be found, (Y/N) came in at a surprisingly quiet sprint. She halted in front of her grandfather and put her hands on her legs and knelled down. "Did you find anything or see anything suspicious?" Dumbledore asked. She held up her finger to say one second, took off her mask, pulled out her flask, and took a long swig from it. "Nothing suspicious to report grandfather. We didn't see or find anything suspicious." She told him. "How did he get in?" She asked him, "I don't know." He told her.

She put a finger up to her lips in thought until her expression looked thunderstruck. "Grandpa, do you think he had help...from the inside?" She asked, momentarily hesitating. Dumbledore looked at her surprised but then considered it, "It is possible," He finally said to her. She sighed and looked down before looking up at her grandfather again, "I'm going to go patrolling some more." She told him and silently rushed out of the great hall.

Over the next few days, the school could talk about nothing but Sirius Black. The Fat Lady's ripped canvas had been taken off the wall and replaced with the portrait of Sir Cadogan and his fat grey pony. That was the least of Harry's worries. He was now being closely watched at all times.

Teachers found excuses to walk with him in the corridors with him when (Y/N) had different classes, and Percy Weasley was tailing him everywhere like an extremely pompous guard dog. To top it all off, Professor McGonagall into her office and for a moment, Harry thought someone had died. "There's no point in hiding it from you and longer Mr. Potter, I know this will come as a shock to you, but Sirius Black-" Harry cut her off, "Is trying to kill me, I know." Professor McGonagall looked very taken aback. She stared at him for a moment before finally saying, "I see! Well, in that case, Potter, you'll understand why I don't think it's a good idea for you to be practicing Quidditch in the evenings. Out on the field with your other team members, it's very exposed, Potter-" "We've got out first match on Saturday!" Harry yelled, outraged. She considered him, "Hmm, well... Goodness knows, I'd like to see us win the Cup at last...but all the same, Mr. Potter... I'd be happier if a teacher were present. I'll ask Madam Hooch to oversee your training sessions." She told him. "Oh thank God," Harry said, slumping in his chair. They heard the door open and saw (Y/N) walk in, "Hey Harry, it's time for class, Oh, hey god-mother. Is this a bad time?" She asked nervously. "No, not at all. Harry, you may leave." McGonagall told him, smiling at her god-daughter.

Time Skip

The day before the big match, the winds reached howling point and the rain fell harder than ever. It was so dark inside the corridors and classrooms that extra lanterns had to be lit. The Slytherin team looked very smug, especially Malfoy. "Ah, if only my arm were feeling better." He said. (Y/N) rolled her eyes and whispered to the others, "Watch this." Before she strutted over to Malfoy, "Draco?" She asked softly. "Yes (Y/N)?" He questioned, "It's a real shame your arm's still hurt," She said, leaning closer to his face. "Y-Yeah, real shame." Malfoy stuttered out, his cheeks turning a rosy pink while he leaned on his other arm, slowly moving his face closer to hers as he became enveloped in the warmth of her stunning multi-colored eyes.

"You poor thing, it must really hurt." She said, lightly placing her hands where the injury was and Draco's cheeks turned a darker shade of red. "You know, I was really hoping to see you out there, it's always exciting to see you on your broom, flying so amazingly." Draco was so focused on her eyes that he didn't notice his elbow was slipping from the table until he landed flat on his stomach, looking up at (Y/N) with a dazed and dreamy look with a loss for words. "Anyway, I hope you get well soon." She said and walked back to her friends.

Later On

I was sitting next to Draco in Defense Against the Dark Arts, telling him and all the other people who wanted to listen about the many adventures I've had when fighting the Grimm, even Snape seemed to be listening, "So there I was, all alone, nowhere near civilization, surrounded by a pack of Beowolves-" I was cut off when the class door opened and Harry rushed in, "Sorry I'm late Professor Lupin, I-" Harry stopped once he realized it was Snape, "This lesson started ten minutes ago Potter, your lucky your friend (Y/N) has a lot of entertaining stories."

Time Skip

When Harry walked onto the Quidditch fields he heard (Y/N) yelling for him. He turned around and watched her remove her mask, "Here, it'll help you see better." She told him, handing it to him. "You're trusting me with this?" He asked. "It's not the real one silly, the real ones right here but it'll still help you see better." She told him, she quickly kissed him, Oliver, Cedric, and the twins on the cheek, "Good luck, I'll be watching from the sky's." She told them, placing her mask on her face and racing off. The guys held their cheeks with a dazed look on their faces before snapping out of it and proceeding with the match.

(Y/N) was right, with her mask on, he could see perfectly well in the pouring rain. He looked around and as a clap of thunder sounded and he saw the silhouette of an enormous, black, shaggy dog, clearly imprinted in the sky, motionless in the empty top row.

An eerie silence fell over the stadium. The wind, though as strong as ever, was forgetting to roar. It was as though someone had turned off all sound, as though Harry had gone suddenly deaf-what is going on? Then, a horribly familiar wave of cold swept over him, inside him, just as he became aware of something moving on the field below. At least a hundred dementors and a few Geist, their faces pointing at him, were standing beneath him. It was as though freezing water were rising in his chest, cutting at his insides. He heard someone screaming...his mother. The last thing Harry saw was a flash of light, the clang of metal, the shrieks of dementors and Geist, being caught by a pair of arms that I felt safe on, being enveloped by a very familiar and comforting scent, and a familiar rough and gravelly voice saying, "It's okay Harry, I got you. You're safe."

Time Skip

He awoke to voices around him and the first thing he saw was a pair of hands floating above him. He looked over to see (Y/N), a black and red vein like design covering her and a look of concentration on her face. He looked down to see the same design on him, but green. He also saw her hands had another glowing symbol on them.

Symbol

His team proceeded to tell him about what had happened after he passed out and fell about fifty feet but was caught halfway through the fall by (Y/N)

His team proceeded to tell him about what had happened after he passed out and fell about fifty feet but was caught halfway through the fall by (Y/N). But the worst was that his broom was now wrecked, it was like losing a best friend. He looked over to (Y/N) to see her eyes still shut tight in concentration. He saw the pattern fade and saw (Y/N) looking very tired and worn. "What happened?" He asked, "Using that semblance drains my energy, I need to rest." She told him. He nodded and she almost immediately passed out in her chair.