7. Elijah, Jericho, Noah

I knocked at the door before pushing it open and calling out "hello"
"In the kitchen Noah " came the call back and we headed that way.
"Hey, little brothers how you doing?" Emme greeted us from where she and Eve sat drinking coffee.
"Welcome home sis, mom sent us to help you"
"What have you done?" Eve asked us smiling as we sat down and reached for the coffee.
"Us nothing at all" I lied.
"Eli?" She promoted looking at him.
"Um well we might have pranked the new gamekeepers daughter, and well mom might be a little..." he trailed off as Emme and Eve laughed at him.
"Is she pretty" Emme teased.
We all fidgeted under their scrutiny none of us answering the question.
"Oh so it's like that is it" Emme said softly before changing the subject.
"Why are you here , not the big brothers?" She asked.
"Dads sent them off to London first thing due for work, some cyber security breech, so we are the replacement muscle"
"They've gone" Eve queried looking up at us for confirmation, her face mirroring both relief and disappointment.
Noah laughed "don't worry Eve, they'll be back for you soon"
"Ahh, I wish you would all stop that, your brothers are not interested in me" she muttered glaring at us all.
We all laughed at her including Emme, Eve was nuts if she didn't recognise that our big brothers were coming for her.
"Okay, now you're here, Riki and Noah, can you help Eve move the furniture in the office to where she wants it, Eli you can help me in the living room, we've moved all the boxes but I don't like how the room layout feels"
We grinned at Emme and saluted "yes ma'am" and followed them to the respective rooms.
Xx
"So Eli, what's her name?" Emme asked as she started directing me where she wanted furniture moved to.
"Who?" I played dumb.
"The daughter, dumbass, now tell me or I'll ask mom"
"Genevieve, but she goes by Evie"
"Oh my god, you have got to be kidding me, another one, and I bet it's all three of you, you all like her" Emme sat down and looked bemused.
"What do you mean another one?"
She threw a cushion at me "think dumbass, dads and mom whose name is Evangeline, Lo, Gabe and Mike and Eve and now you three and Evie, I can't wait to meet her"
"What, come on sis, we're only 16, it's just friends, not marriage" I try to explain to her.
"For now" she mumbles softly before we get back to work.
Xx
"Noah, Riki can you move the bookcases against that wall" Eve asks softly.
"No problem, here?" We watch as she waves us a little to the right "stop, there's perfect, now this desk goes over here" she tries to pick up one end and Noah springs forward "hey, that's heavy, let us move it"
Eve turns and puts her hands on her hips, scowling at us "I am not incapable of moving a desk"
Noah wraps an arm around her, hugging her tiny frame into his side "I know but if you get hurt, so will we, you're our sister too, let us help you please" he coaxes looking down at her. "Riki back me up here" Noah looks at me.
"Eve you're tiny, please let us be men and do this for you" I tease her, knowing her height was a trigger for her and right on cue "I am not tiny... you, you Rose's are just too big, except Mama Rose, she's perfectly sized"
Noah laughed "ahh the tiny people stick together"
Eve smacked his arm and scowled at him, but we could see the struggle she had to keep the grin off her face.
"Bah, you two, alright, get moving, that desk to there"
We worked on for a while with Eve telling us where to put things until she was happy the main furniture was in place.
"Do you want us to set up the computers?" I asked.
"I think our laptops are still in Angelo's car" Eve replied.
"No, not the laptops, the computers, Gabe ordered new ones for the office and had reset the old ones for you to use in here" Noah explained.
"I didn't know, but why would they do this.....of course it's not just me, it's for your sisters" Eve spluttered as Noah pulled the boxes out of the cupboard where they had been left.
I exchanged a look with Noah, did she really not realise what she meant to them, I nodded to him, I would take this one.
"Eve, come and sit down for a minute", i told her pulling a chair away from the desk for her and then perching on the desk.
"Do you know we consider you our sister, you're part of our family, ever since you started coming home and staying with us, For a long time I had a huge crush on you, I think we both did," she looks at me and I nod blushing a little at what Riki is revealing.
"But Eve, we have always known that what we feel was nothing compared to how our brothers feel about you, they love you, I get that's quite a challenge to get your head round but they have been waiting for you for years, since you went to Uni, the computers are not for our sisters, they're for you, they want you to have everything you need to stay here....close to them" Riki took hold of her hand and squeezed and we watched the expressions chase across her face.
"But..I didn't know..." she trailed off looking embarrassed.
"Hey, don't worry" Noah came and perched next to me "we won't let them do anything you don't want them too" he teased her.
"Oh my god, you, you, you can't say that to me" she blushed bright red but we could see the grin starting to come through.
"We'll be your knights, protecting the fair maiden" he grabbed a ruler and held it up in the air, making Eve laugh out loud.
"Okay that's enough play, let's get this done" I grinned relieved that she was smiling.
"Are you in a rush to get somewhere?" She asked still laughing at Noah.
"Um, well, no?"
"No, are you asking me or telling me" she teased, "would this involve the girl you pranked, what's her name?"
"No, of course not" I lied, thinking of the petite spitfire who was driving us all nuts.
"What's her name?" She repeated looking intrigued.
"Genevieve" "Evie" Noah and I answered at the same time.
Eve laughed, "which one is it?"
"Her names Genevieve but everyone calls her Evie, though after yesterday Evil might be more apt" I growled.
"What did you do to the poor girl?"
"Poor girl, my ar..., she's crazy, we didn't really do anything but...." Noah argued dragging his hands through his hair as he thought of her.
Eve laughed again, "oh I can't wait to meet her"
Noah groaned "you'll like her even though she evil, you tiny people always stick together, mom thinks she's lovely"
"I am not tiny" she roared throwing a book at me as we all laughed and got back to work.