13. Michael

I concentrated on driving as quickly as I could, hoping that it was just a false alarm, that we were panicking for no reason, damn it, I was going to tan her hide for going alone, she should have come to us.
Lo was on the phone to the dads, who seemed to be telling us to slow down until we knew what was going on, but my gut was tight, something felt off, and I was worried.
I could see the light on in the entrance hall as we approached down the drive and pulled up next to Jo's car, all of us were out and running for the house as soon as I stopped.
The house was silent, the front door slightly open, moving inside we found Eve's coat in a heap on the floor with a spot of blood on the floor next to it, "spread out, check all the rooms" I pulled out my phone and dialled the dads
"we need you here" I told them when they answered, gritting my teeth against the roar of rage I felt.
"we're five minutes away, is she okay?"
"We're looking for her now, but there's blood on the floor"
"Call the Police, have you tried her phone?"
"We tried on the way here and the girls have been trying but it just rings out, I'll call the police now"
"Think positive Mike, she's going to be okay, now phone the police" dad reassures me but I can't stop the worry.
I dialled 999 with shaking hands, giving them the details we had and listening to their instructions not to touch anything, that officers were on their way.
Gabe came back downstairs and I raised my eyes to him "nothing, upstairs has been ransacked, the safe is exposed but not open, no sign of her" his voice broke on the last word, just as our dads came through the door.
"Report" dad Hades barked out.
"Police are on their way, the house has been ransacked....there's no sign of h..er" I bite out.
"Okay, room by room, start on this floor, logically this is where she would be, every door, cupboard open and check, even if they're locked, check them all" he instructed.
"The police said.." I start.
"It's more important we find Eve, i will deal with the police when they get here"
We checked the ground floor room by room, our worry increasing with each failed search, flashing blue lights lit up the front of the house as we all ended back in the hallway.
The dads went out to greet the police and talk to them whilst we stood in silent anger in the hallway.
"What if they took her?" Lo whispered.
"No, she's still here, I feel it in my gut, we just need to keep looking" I growled unwilling to hear his words, his worry.
Gabe leant against a table, his back to us, tense I could see him trying to stay strong, his fists wanting to swipe everything to one side, to throw and scream and shout.
I watched him, something wasn't right with what I was seeing.
"Gabe, Lo?"
Their faces turned to me "something's different, what's changed since this morning?" I ask looking around the hall.
"Eve's missing, that's what changed" Lo shouted, scowling at me.
"No, he's right, I didn't see it before" Gabe muttered, "this table has moved, someone's moved it!"
Lo and I step forward and pull the table away from the wall, showing a small cupboard door built into the panelling.
I grab the handle and pull but the door is locked with no key in sight, "quick find something to break it open, I can't kick it in, she may be behind it" I shout and Gabe runs into the other room to grab a poker for the fireplace.
"Boys?" Dad Luc comes in towards us
"Dad, we found a door hidden behind this table, someone's moved it since we were here this morning, but it's locked" Lo explains as Gabe and I lever the poker into the gap, forcing the door to open.
Lo's roar of anger at the sight of Eve unconscious on the floor her hands and ankles bound echoed through all of us, dad Luc quickly pushed us back allowing dad Hades to check her, within their security company dad was in charge of all the medical training so had field training. We waited for him to tell us how she was, Luc had handed him a knife to cut her ties and the two of them carefully lifted her out into the hall.
"Dad?" I hated how small my voice was.
"She breathing steadily, they knocked her out, looking at the bruise on her face, we'll call an ambulance just in case and we better let the police know we have found her, let's move her into the lounge, the sofa will be more comfortable than the floor, you boys stay with her, keep her warm and calm if she wakes up"
I moved forward with Lo and we lift her carefully, settling her in the lounge, with a blanket, listening to her breathing and the sounds of the police arguing with the dads outside the room.
"Ambulance will be here soon, Who went upstairs?"
"Me" Gabe raised his hand.
"Okay, I need you to come and tell the police what you saw upstairs and answer some of their questions, they will want to speak to all of you but you can take turns, Eve is your priority"
"Dad" he looks at me "thank you"
Gabe follows him from the room as Lo and I keep watch over Eve.
"We need to tell the girls" Lo muttered quietly.
"Not till she's awake, I'm sure dad will have told mom and she is with them"
"And her parents?"
"Why call her, why didn't the police respond to the alarm, they pushed her into danger again, without thinking about her safety" I growled frustratedly.
"Once she's home and better, she's not going anywhere alone again, I won't lose her, and her parents can do they're own thing" Lo replied.
"I think it's time for her to get what she wanted in her story, three alpha males who tell her exactly what to do and punish her if she doesn't listen to them" I tell him, brushing the hair back from her face and examining the small cut under her eye amid the bruised skin.
The raised voices in the hall announced the ambulance crew, Gabe and a policeman.
"Mike, they want to speak to you next, this is PC Green, they've set up in the dining room" Gabe grumbled scowling at the policeman next to him.
I looked back at Eve, the paramedics carefully checking her over.
"Keep an eye on her" I ask my brothers, who nodded as I followed PC Green out of the room.