8. Angelo

For Five days we had been stuck in London trying to find out what caused the security breach, but today we had had a breakthrough, good job too as our tempers were fraying, we were all on edge, being away from Eve just as she came home was not what we wanted, especially as we had all read her story.
I sat down at the conference table and nodded to Mike to start the video conference link to our dads, we just needed to report back to them and then we could pass the information to the police and tie this job up.
"Hey Dads" Gabe greeted them and we got down to business.
"Okay boys, well done, just hand it over and once they've done the arrest, the jobs done"
"Great" Mike said finishing off the work section of the meeting.
"How's things at home?" I asked
"Your brothers are driving us mad, they've taken up war with the new gamekeepers daughter and between the four of them, I spend my time looking for booby traps" Dad Hades groaned.
We laughed as we watched our dads all nod.
"What's her name?" I asked thinking of ways I could torment my younger brothers.
"Evie" Dad Luc answered scowling.
"What's she like?" Mike asked curious about what would make our brothers so interested.
"another pint sized crazy female" Dad D replied to laughter his end.
"Don't let mom hear you say that" we teased exchanging glances, wanting to know about our female.
"And Eve?"
The dads exchanged a look "she's settling in, your brothers helped the girls set up the office and move the larger furniture for them"
"And?" Mike prompted, he had seen the look the dads had shared.
"Her parents want her to pack up and sell the family house for them, they're too busy to come back" they replied.
"Fuck" Gabe swore "when?"
"From what we understand from Jo and your mom, As soon as she can"
"Can we do anything" Mike asked, his hands clenched on the table.
"Your moms helping her but close up the job and come home, we organise some leave if you want to help her" Dad offered.
"Yes" we all replied together.
"We will keep any eye on what's happening till you get back" they promised ending the call.

I watched my brothers, their sharp movements showing the tension in their bodies at the news, her parents once again expected her to do their bidding without thinking of the cost to her and Eve would never shirk her duty.
"Let's get this job finished, Mike you liaise with security, Gabe Police?" He nodded, "I will track down our thief, let's go"
The next few hours would be tense and busy as we closed the job, the thief was the son of one of the directors who had been skimming from accounts, just a token amount from each but overall over a million that we had identified so far, it had been a routine security sweep that had flagged his hack, a scan that my brothers and I had developed when we had joined our dads security company on leaving university. It was our baby and whenever it flagged a concern we were usually dispatched to follow up.
It took a couple of hours to get everything handed over and the thief arrested and it was with relief that we started Packing up our equipment, stopping when we heard shouting at our office door before the director barged in "my son is no thief, you set him up" he accused.
"Mr Williams sit down" I offered knowing the news had probably upset him.
"We are happy to show you the evidence that we collected and have passed to the police and all of it points to your son"
"You're lying, you'll pay for this, my wife is distraught at your accusations, and once I prove you're wrong, I will sue you and your company for everything you've got" he shouted before kicking over the chair and slamming out of the room.
I looked at my brothers "okay, he took that well, do you think we need to do anything about him?"
"No, he's accept the evidence soon, we know we're right" Gabe replied and we finished packing up, confident in the conclusion of the investigation.
"Lets go home, we have a story to get started"

We drove home in silence all of us thinking about what was coming, we had read her story, we had talked about how we would move forward and now we just needed to get our hands on her.