16. Angelo

"She's asleep?" I queried catching Gabes eye in the rear view mirror.
"Yeah" Gabe sighed running his hand through his hair
"What did the doctor say?" Mike asked twisting in his seat and looking back at them.
Gave growled "bloody doctor, she just dropped it on her, that she had been touched, no support or warning"
"Shit, was there....was there?" Mike struggled with his words and I felt my heart stop at what he was asking.
"Upper body bruising only, but the suggestion is enough, it's going to hit her hard, I asked mom to be ready" Gabe explained.
The rest of the journey was done in silence with each of us thinking about what our Eve had been through and how we can help her.
Mom was waiting at the door when we stopped, most of the downstairs lights seemed to be on and I knew the whole family was waiting inside.
"Her usual rooms ready for her" mom told us as Gabe eased her sleeping body out of the car.
"But..." i started to protest wanting Eve to be with us.
"No Lo, She needs to be somewhere familiar and safe" mom cut me off.
I nodded silently following Gabe as he carried her inside, until he went up the stairs, mom following him.
"Lets update the girls" I told Mike heading towards the sounds of the rest of the family in the kitchen.
Jo jumped up, tears on her face when we walked in, "it's my fault, I shouldn't have let her go alone" she cried to us.
For a brief second I agreed with her, my emotions talking over common sense, before I realised we each felt guilt at what had happened and none of us were to blame.
Mike pulled Jo in for a hug as I coughed to clear my throat before updating them on what we knew so far.
The girls had filled us in on the phone call and the dads told us what the police had said and we shared thoughts till Gabe came in a monitor in hand.
"Moms staying with her, she gave me this, its linked to the room, so we can hear if she needs us" Gabe explained to us.
"It's what your great grandma used with your mom" Dad said smiling softly "I wish we didn't have to use it again this way but your mom will help her, she's the best person to help her"
Emme sat up "has anyone told her parents?"
"I gave the police their contact details" dad Hades muttered "I found Eve's phone in the car and have turned it off, she doesn't need to deal with them at the moment, if they contact the house, one of us can update them then"
I laugh bitterly "do you think they'll bother"
"I hope so for her sake, they are still her parents, despite what we think of them" Jo answered softly squeezing my hand.