12 - the gala (p.1) ✨

As the rest of the people left the limo, Neymar stopped Bella.
"You guys go ahead I just have to give this one some advice about her first big gala" he winked at them. They smiled back and left; "we'll be at the venue"
Bella smiled back to match her cousins warmth, however when they left his smile dropped.
"Look I know you're not used to it but that isnt how you're supposed to act around reporters."
"I know and I'm dealing with it. I'm sorry but-"
"No, but nothing. Yes, it's weird to have a lot of attention at your age but you can't act like that. I won't have my cousin making a fool of herself for the public to see. And try not to talk to kylian so much in front of everyone. You know what they all think." He opened the door of the limo and held his hand out for her to take. She hesitated before taking his hand, believe it or not those words broke her heart slightly. It confirmed how the person she loves most really views her - the same way as everyone else does. Just his foolish younger cousin who is a burden to him, someone he has to be looking out for in case she ruins his reputation. Of course deep down she knew he loved her well and truly but the fact that things like how shes presented in the media gets in the way of that really upset her. She wiped away the tear that was forming in her eye and checked her eye makeup in the rear view mirror quickly before joining her older cousin.

~time skip~

Her and Neymar were on the red carpet doing small interviews and having their pictures taken before being joined by a few other people.
"Neymar over here!"
"Put your arm around her!"
"Bella! Bella!"
Bella stood there for a few seconds posing and smiling before feeling a little overwhelmed. This was a lot more than all the reporters at her house - and these could be possible agents and photographers for big fashion designers. Possible future employers that could change her life. She wanted to run out of there as fast as she could, but of course she wasn't going to do that. She looked over at her cousin who was so calm & collected around all the cameras. His flawless smirk and how his posture was so natural. She was staring at him for a little too long and he had noticed ;
"Bella? What's going on, are you okay?"
For some reason her breathing was shaky - he placed a hand on her shoulder in a comforting way and faced her away from the cameras.
"What is it, mon ami?"
"I don't know, for some reason I feel a little sick. Why are there so many cameras?" She tried to laugh it off but he looked at her in a concerning way;
"Bella if you want we can just go straight to the venue, I can understand why this is a bit too much to handle"
"Erm, no, you stay but I think I'll go. Besides I think I see some of Pog's friends at Manchester United, I'll ask them if he's here."
Bella smiled at him half heartedly and he kissed her cheek in response.
She was just about to walk off the red carpet when someone stopped right in front of her.
"Bella! Missed me?" He said with a smirk.
"ANTO OMG HIIIII" she squeezed him so hard and he lifted her off the ground - suddenly all the reporters turned to them and started flashing pictures.
"This is so funny because I was literally looking for Paul so we could go and look for you!" She couldnt stop smiling - she's always loved Antoine.
"What so you guys could go and bully me? So typical." He rolled his eyes and she punched him playfully before embracing him into another hug. Just then she heard another voice.
(ps my French is trash oops)
"Anto? Antoine! tellement bon de vous revoir!"
It was kylian talking to his fellow France team mate.
"Kylian! My brotherrr how have you been man." He says, going in for that man hug thing guys do. Bella couldn't help smiling at her friends, she felt so much love right now.
All the journalists were shouting;
"Let's get a picture of the 3 of you!"
"Bella? Where's your cousin?"
"What a lovely trio! Over here guys!"
Of course that second comment had to ruin her mood. Why couldn't they just let her be her? She loves her cousin but her life doesn't revolve around him completely. She ignored the questions and put her arm on antos back, who put his arm around kylian.