29

Bellas teeth were chattering. She still didn't know how she managed to get here at this time of night. She stood at the train platform shivering, trying to wrap her jacket around her. She could feel the weight of her phone in her pocket. Useless, she thought, because she turned it off and didn't plan on turning it back on until she left the city. No luggage, barely any money- just a mind with overcrowded thoughts and a girl who had to get away for a while. She was listening out for announcements on the latest departures because she couldn't bare waiting in the 2° cold anymore.
"...3:27am train to Lyon now arriving" was the first thing she heard.
Lyon? That's quite far.. she thought, however once she looked back up at the board her decision didn't seem so bad after all. The next trains to leave the station were at 5am and Bella could not wait until 5am. With just her purse, Bella boarded the train.

She woke up to a neck cramp. Fuck, why are these seats so uncomfortable? She thought, rolling her head around. In front of her was a small table, with a mother and her young daughter on the other side. They were both asleep and Bella felt a little heart broken. The 2 of them cuddled up together made her think of her own parents who left her with her aunt. Her aunt who took her in as her own and raised her with her own children. Her son whom Bella grew up with and grew to love. The one she lived with to this day. The one she was leaving behind.
Just then a beam of sunlight shone into her eyes, distracting her from her thoughts. She looked out the window to see the sunset behind all the trees. She had no idea where she was going and began to panic slightly, but decided to switch on her phone and try to calm down.

6 missed calls from KY❤️
9 missed calls Melissa💕
7 missed calls from Ney🥰
and 63 other notifications.

Well, i can't avoid them forever. She typed into the group chat;
"Going away for a while. Have a good Christmas. Im safe, i love you all."
She erased and re-typed that message several times before sending it.
Almost seconds after she sent it, a facetime from Melissa popped up onto her screen. She stared at it for a while before pressing accept.
"DID SHE ANSWER?" she heard a voice in the back.
"Bella what the fuck are you playing at ??"
"Where are you? Are you safe? God you scared us." She saw Kylian running towards them in the back whilst shouting something and neymar snatching the phone from melissa.
"Guys i'm fine... I'm heading out the city for the holidays. Just thought i could do with a break, ya know?" She flipped the camera so they could see the view from the frosty train window.
"Have we done something to upset you? Is this because of the Christmas situation beca-"
"No it's not even that." she cut them off "I've just noticed that a lot of the time my life revolves around trying to rotate between different people and compromise my happiness so they feel comfortable. It feels like I don't really do anything for myself anymore and anytime i try to something happens or someone i love gets upset. Instead of making the holidays even more stressful for everyone i just thought i'd take a break." She shrugged, waiting for a response. Everyone sat in silence thoughtfully before Neymar finally asked;
"Well will you be safe? Where are you even going and where will you be staying?"
Bella hesitated before responding;
"...I'm going to somewhere in Lyon. i might even catch a flight to london whilst i'm there"
She shrugged.
"London? But Bella it's Christmas"
"I don't know, okay? I'll call you in a bit the train is stopping now" she lied and hung up.
With her head in her hands she sighed & leaned back.
I guess we'll just have to wait & see, she thought.

——

❗️please read ❗️

Alright lads! this is coming to an end veryyy soon :(
Thinking of making another one soon but a different storyline.
Would you want another Mbappe one? 🤔Comment & let me knowww !