20

Neymar stared at his younger cousin and best friend in shock and anger, before shaking his head and walking away.
"Bella I'm sorry, shall I go after him?" Kylian could see the disappointment on her face and the tears forming in her eyes.
"Don't apologise, ill go." Bella half heartedly smiled at him before running after her cousin.
Rafaela followed behind her.
"Neymar, slow down! Ney!" Bella called after him. He walked onto the rooftop, it was dark out and she could barely see where she was going, until the fairly lights around the railings turned on.
"Ney!" Suddenly, he turned around to look her right in the eye.
"What the fuck was that Bella?? I asked you thousands of times- no I told you thousands of times to stay away from him."
"Why? What's so bad about him huh? I like him, ney. I'm sorry! I've tried so hard to ignore it, all because I didn't want to upset you but then I realised you have no reason to be upset."
"No reason to be upset?! Are you kidding??" He was fuming.
"Just hear me out, please." She tried to hold his hand but he snatched it back. Bella flinched, a tear rolling down her eye.
"Ney you're being ridiculous." Rafaela said as she put her arm bellas shoulder.
"You're siding with her? She's a little kid, she shouldn't be messing around with my friends like some dumb slut who doesn't know what she's doing"
"I'm not messing around with anyone! What don't you understand?? NEYMAR IM NOT SOME STUPID KID! I WANT KYLIAN!"
He looked as if Bella had gone and slapped him right across the face. In a much quieter & calm voice he said ; "you can choose. Come home tonight and stop fucking around with guys who are 3 years older than you. Or, find somewhere else to live." He looked at her coldly, as if she was scum, before brushing past her back into the club.
Bella tried to call his name, but all that came out was a weak croak.
"You shouldn't need to do this baby, I'm sorry." Bella sobbed into rafaelas arms.
"What am I going to do? Ney won't understand how much kylian means to me, but Ney means more to me than anyone. Man, I feel sick."
Just then Melissa came to the little rooftop as well. She saw her friend crying her heart out and instantly went to comfort her.
"What happened?" Rafaela was about to respond until Bella interrupted ;
"Nothing. Nothing happened between me and kylian either. I'm going home to sleep. I'll see you guys tomorrow. If you see Ney tell him I'm home."
"What? No, Bella come on let's go and talk to neymar-"
"Please. I just want.. I don't even know what I want anymore." She said in such a tired voice. It was heartbreaking to see how hurt she was.
"No. I'm not leaving you alone, I'll take you home and stay with you for as long as you want, you can tell me everything and we'll work something out." Melissa smiled at her friend warmly.
"There's nothing to work out. Neymars looked after me when my parents couldn't, even when you 2 couldn't, I can't do this to him."
"Bella what don't you understand? You're not doing anything to him." Raf and Melissa pleaded. "You just need to show him that you're serious. You'll no longer accept being his little puppet who does everything he wants you to. Show him you're no longer than 5 year old kid who needs him."
'But I do need him.' She thought.
"Don't go home tonight. Don't talk to him for a week, a month if you need to. But eventually, you'll sort it out." They took her hand.
"So whats it gonna be, honey?"
Bellas heart was saying one thing and her mind another. But she knew what she needed to do. It was probably going to tear her heart apart, but to keep her loved ones in her life, she had no choice. This was going to change everything.