30

Christmas Day

It's been 2 days since Bella arrived at London. She'd found an air b&b only a couple of minutes away from Oxford Street - she was walking around central at the moment trying to find a place that was open for her lunch. It was 2pm and pretty much everything was closed, she was walking back towards a bus stop until she found a little local place. She ordered her usual meal that she would get in France before heading back to her room.
She decided to FaceTime Kylian and see if he would pick up, despite that he would probably be on holiday with this family.
facetime failed
she wasn't surprised. She went onto imessage to text him before a phone call interrupted her - it was Melissa.
"hey baby boo, merry christmas" Bella said cheerfully, taking a chomp out of her baguette.
"hey bel, erm.." her voice sounded a lot more shaky. "has Kylian tried to contact you?"
Bella, still chewing on her food, replied "errr yeah i tried to facetime him but he didn't answer. i think he's with his family - how are you guys?"
"No Bella, he isn't. His family are with us, they don't know where he is." Bella sat up, more serious now. Her heart beat was a little fast.
"it's okay you don't need to panic, we just asked you because we thought he might have tried to come and see you in Lyon."
"Lyon?? Melissa, i'm in london!"
"London? Bellas in London!" she shouted for everyone to hear.
Bella picked up her bag and headed out the door with melissa still on the line.
"What? Where are you going?"
"Back to Lyon, obviously. He doesn't know where i am what if he's lost or something" Bellas heart was racing.
"Bella stop. Bella! Bella listen to me! This is Kylian Mbappé we're talking about, ok. He probably took a private plane or something. He's going to be fine, idiot. Just go and enjoy your christmas, ok."
Bella stood in the hallway for a second before nodding.
"Ok. i miss you. Happy Christmas." She hung up.
Well i feel stupid now, she thought giggling.
Walking back to her door, she was smiling at the ground, consumed by the thoughts of kylian going to get her in Lyon. She was in her own little world when she heard a familiar voice.
"Merry Christmas, Bella."
She turned around in a flash. There he was.

"KYLIAN!" she ran up to him and jumped, he caught her and swung his arms around her waist. His face was muzzled into her neck.
"Hi babyyy, what are you doing here?" she whispered, planting kisses all around his face.
He took a moment to smile at her. Admiring the love of his life, he settled her down back onto the ground before taking her hand.
"Bella Dubois, i love you." He hesitated before taking a step back.
"Kylian...what?" Bella laughed, she was confused but it didn't bother her - she was happy to be here with her boyfriend.
He then got on one knee and reached into his pocket.
"..wha-" she gasped. She knew what was going on now.
"Bella, will you please spend the rest of my life with me and make me the happiest man on the planet? Will you marry me?"
She wasn't smiling anymore. She hesitated, slowly removing her hands away from her mouth. Bella was frozen, she didn't know what to do. She wanted to say something but all that came out was a weak wheeze.
"Bella?" Kylian said, trying to keep his smile.
"...no."
"...what? Bella-" He slowly got off his knee, still holding her hand.
"i'm sorry."