23

Kylians (sort of) POV - training:

"I mean is it really my fault? Out of all the god damn people in the world he needs to go for my sister?" Kylian was behind the door of the changing room when he heard a conversation begin.
"Come on, you can't help who you fall for. You saw the 2 of them at your birthday, they looked like they made such a great couple." He hears one of his teammates respond.
"Yeah man I think you're being a little too harsh on them. He doesn't want to intentionally hurt you by dating your cousin. He loves you man."
Another one of them says.
"It's not him i worry about. He can get any girl in the world, what happens when he decides my sister isn't good enough for him?" Neymar says, a hint of sadness in his voice.
"Bro. Do you really believe kylian is that type of guy? He's just a baby with a crush on a girl - come on! Okay look, don't think about him. Think about Bella. You're being so selfish. That poor girl is probably hurting so much right now thinking you don't care."
"Bella isn't stupid. She knows I care and I always will. I'm just tryna let her do her own thing. If she wants to date my friend she can do it in private - besides, she hasn't even tried calling me yet." Before anyone could say anything else, kylian decided it was a good time to walk in and get dressed.
"Sup guys." He says, putting down his bag.
They all respond with collectively.
"We haven't heard from you in a while, lover boy. How's everything going?" One of them smirked. Kylian glanced over at Neymar - he had to answer this with caution.
"You guys are the ones who haven't texted me in ages! Not one call or message from anyone." He fakes a pout.
Just then , before anyone else can say anything , the coach walks in.
"Alright we need you in your usual pairs, let's go!" He says.
Kylian walks over to neymar and holds out his hand. He takes it and does that hug thing guys do but turns away after, not even looking at him.
Things change when they walk onto the pitch however.
"She misses you." Kylian says, as they practise passing the ball between each other. He wasn't expecting a reply, but to his surprise neymar looks up and sighs,
"I miss her too. How is she?"
"Er.. clearly not good? You really hurt her man." Kylian says, slightly angry.
Neymar stops the ball with his foot. He looks up at his friend with a slight look of desperation - "is she coming to the game?"
He asks.
"I'm trying to convince her but she's pretty sure that you don't want her there." He realised that his friend was making an effort and that he shouldn't be so frustrated.
"I'm sorry bro. Look dyou wanna go see her after training? She's staying at Melissa's."
"What? I thought she was staying with you?" He sounds shocked.
"Ney, why would she stay with me? We only started dating this week."
He took a moment to think.
"Kylian." He sighed, "I'm sorry. I hated the idea of the 2 of you together but I'm starting to realise how this might work out. You're my best friend man, if you're happy with her and she's happy with you then im good. I'm so sorry bro." Kylian walks over and gives his best friend a hug.
"Awwww" says their teammates patronisingly.
"Forget Bella you 2 should date" they all laugh.

10 minutes into training and it's like nothing ever happened. They're playing together fine and joking around, just like how it was before.

After the session is finished, Neymar and kylian walk into the locker place together.
"How am I supposed to tell Bella that I'm fine with the 2 of you? Do I just call her and say 'you can move back in & date him'?" Kylian couldnt help but laugh at his comment.
"I'll message her now saying we wanna meet her."
"No wait - say you wanna meet her. Don't tell her I'm here - we'll surprise her or something."
"Err okay ?" Kylian got out his phone and messaged her.
"Okay they're having dinner right now, they should he done by the time we leave.
"Okay cool, cool." Neymar took a few deep breaths before trying to assure himself that Bella would be glad to see him - but he wasn't certain. Would she forgive her cousin quickly? Would she even forgive him.. at all?